Access website from only 1 computer...?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

One of my customers wants his website to only be accessed by people in which they bought the website membership from on their computer. He's afraid that the users might share their login's with their colleagues, in which, he loses money. I don't want to base this off of IP's as it's not reliable enough. Is there anything in which I can do to achieve this? Or am I going to have to tell him we have to scrap that idea.

In case it was a little weird to follow along here's an example.

A user comes to the website and buys a membership. He logs in and the membership is set so that they can only log in from that computer. If he attempts to login from another computer, it will flag that account, in which the user has 3 warnings, and then their username is removed.

Sounds like a longshot but i figured I'd ask before I ruled it out. Thanks for any help.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
134 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Help with PHP Email Script
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to php and need help with the script below:

At the moment when I

Posting to another Site?
I have software that people install.
When they install it, is there a way to make it post their d

Not adding to db
Hi, I can't figure out why it won't add the record to the database. It's just a simple form to get

javascript in php code causes page to display white
Hi All,

Odd one this, I've got the following code (below) which is a simple log in form. The

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output sta
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/praylif

Just wondering what you think about my site
I am new to phpfreaks i just seen this form and thought it would be cool to see what other thought a

PHP doesn't send my mail
Hi all, I found this and used it to send mail. Simple contact form with some required fields. The va

Printing a webpage
I use this to print the webpage: o

FFmpeg Images 2 Video conversion problem ??
I got folder full of images , number of images = 600 , I want to make a video which plays one image

Count Session and Trigger Events
I am New in PHP, seeking a method to count logged users by counting the sessions or any …, is

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash