Am I setting up my sites oldschool?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Ok,

When I create a site I open a basic template that I have created that consists of a css file an index page and a few php inserts for the header, nav and footer.

It works fine and I am happy with it but I keep seeing posts / comments on the net saying that all websites should be dynamically loaded etc and all content on pages should be database driven, so on and so on.

How does everyone else setup a basic site. I dont want to use a CMS like wordpress or joomla. I looked into CakePHP but apparently you should not use it unless you are creating a blog, forum etc. Here I was thinking CakePHP was a basic sort of framework that you can add features to.

I need help deciding the best way to do things, I have created sites that pull info from databases before but it was still all hand coded.

Help from anyone expereinced in this topic is very much needed

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
167 Like 6 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Page Reload
I am having issues getting a page to reload after I submit data to a database. This form should inp

Just a white page
Okay so, my website, when I click SignUp on it it takes me to /join.php but its a complete white pag

Linking with Foreign Keys
I have been getting an erro when I try and link:

create table Faculty_Specialty (I_Name v

Logic question
im wondering what's the best method to do the above list:

it is for alliance @ MMORPG game

SQL Query/echo not working
Hey all,

I'm trying to run (what I thought) was a simple operation and it isn't working. I h

Probably a simple error...
I'm getting the error -- Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/content/c/s/t/csteffen24

Anti Spam Code Problems
Ok where do i start? Probably by telling you I have very little working knowledge of PHP and that I

user administration
Dear @all,

what I have to do to set the user defaults for new users. At the moment I woul

UDP server recvfrom() always returns -1? :(
Hello all,
I am getting a very strange error in my code :( I am writing a server application in C

About imagecopyresampled()
Hello,

I am looking to use this function to resize parts of an image to a fixed thumbnail siz

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash