Basic Question about Threading and PHP...

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a page that I am working on and it is taking several hours to process. The basics of what the page does is get all the items out of a database then with cURL download some HTML parse through it and if anything has changes update values back in the database. 90% of the time is spent waiting on libcurl to download the page and the page is VERY low on CPU usage. In the effort of trying to speed things up I thought about trying to thread the download process, but from a quick google search it appears that PHP lacks Threading support. Does anyone know of anything that could be done to speed things up? Maybe something I missed with cURL that would make it download faster or an alternative to Threading?

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
125 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

include problem
I have my root folder as:
Code: $root = $_SERVER["SITE_HTMLROOT"]; // the server root<

Cannot Display Array from Select Statement + Login question
Hi,
I'm new to PHP but so far so goog. I was assigend a project and I'm very close to completion.

XML Grouping
I'm using xml_parse_into_struct to get all my elements, but now I need to group them. For example, h

login to other site by sending post variables
hey,

here is my problem: my school gave me a mail account for school-stuff use. they mail us

Internal Server Error issues
This has been bothering me for weeks and I've been trying to solve it without asking for help, but e

Business Health Check
Hello

I need to create an online business health check for a client it will be multiple choi

List/Menu Box
On an edit page when you want something to select what a user has previously selected from the datab

Please help with code for SMTP authenticated PHP email form
Hello, I'm creating a PHP email form, and for this particular server, I have to use SMTP Authenticat

Thread in PHP
Thread in PHP
Some basic use and basic code for thread in php
This is my question?

Google Map
I have done Google Map Integration for one my project. But for that we need the "latitude and l

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash