Best way to check for end of a record and send it back to the first record

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm hoping someone can help me out and explain the best way to accomplish this.

What I'm doing I'm pulling data from a data base. I display the information 1 item at a time then have a next and previous link to navigate forward or backward through the records.

The issue is when it gets to the last record and I press the next link i get errors cause their is no more records. so what I'm wondering what a good way to send it back to the first record? would it make sense to store the total number of records in a variable and then load the load the id's pulled from the database into an array and check against the end of the array for the end of the records and send it back to the first element of the array?

Any explanations are examples would be helpful even a link to somewhere showing this would be good. I haven't found one yet.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
290 Like 13 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Problem with variable declaration in switch statement
Hello, I am having some trouble assigning a value to a variable inside a switch statement. What I a

Character increment
Hi,

I am facing a scenario like above,but in my case i want to show up like Col A,Col B etc..

foreach help.
Hello all,

First time I'm attempting to use a foreach statement and was just wondering if my

function to return url
Hi,

Can you guys help me giving a function that takes all the contents in a particular field

Passing an array of values From VB6.0 to Oracle PL/SQL Function
Basically we are using VB6.0.

When we try to pass an array from VB6.0 to an Oracle PL/SQL

rdns with php
I am trying to build a script that will show all of the different domains that are hosted on the sam

php require help needed
Ok i tried to use the search funtion but the word require is everywhere.

i'm really new to cr

Weird MySQL error, why am I recieving this?
PHP Code:

<?php require "global_settings.php"; ?>
<titl

Need help in log in and log out?
hi there all of u. i have recently created a site for someone. i have placed log in and log out and

Newb advice
Hi all,

I'm a flash front end designer and I've taken on a project that needs some back end p

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash