connect() succeeds but accept() does not?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Please help me with this problem. I'm working on a time-sensitive project where I'm using TCP sockets. I've got this problem where most of the time a connection cannot be made.

While debugging, I see that the connect() call on the client succeeds but on the host machine it will just be stuck on accept (or just bypass it with EWOULDBLOCK if it was set to a non-blocking socket)

I'm not very experienced with socket programming, so I'm not sure what can cause this behavior. Also what makes it difficult to solve is that sometimes it works perfectly fine.

What are some possible reasons for this problem to occur?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
187 Like 30 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

simplexml_load_file and rss problem
Hi,

I have a problem parsing an rss feed using simplexml_load_file - this is strange as i hav

Printing a webpage
I use this to print the webpage: o

Change Sort Order to Display Newest File First
Hi Guys,

I have a page that sorts the contents (PDFs) of a directory and displays them on the

try catch error
I have been trying try catch but, I can't get it to work. The code opens a non existing file called

Performance impact of cookies
Hi, I was just wondering what impact there would be in terms of performance if you where to set then

Return X values where an ID number doesnt matter
Well as for subject heading, thats the best i could think of.

Currently im having a problem w

PHP SUBMIT
Code: <input name="doLogin" type="image" src="images/loginsubmit.jpg

Script not running properly
Hello Everyone
This is a basic script for posting to a database. I'm not sure why it doesn't work

Need Help with a query
Hello,
For some reason I am just not getting the right answer when I do this query and not quite

unexpected T_SL without a shift left token
Nothing too see here, I'm an idiot and resolved the problem.

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash