DateObject and Nulls

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I have an array mapped to a value object. One of the items in the array is a PHP DateObject, and I need to format this field appropriately.

When looping through the array, I pass this field to a function as follows: (simplified for expendiency)
Code: [Select]if (!is_null($date))
{
return date_format($date, "Y-m-d");
}
This works great, except for the case when the DateObject contains a null value - in this case the above function seems to always return the current date.

I am guessing that this is because $date is not really null (i.e. it contains an object, even though the object is null), but I am not sure how to get around this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
70 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

shoping cart issues
i´ve wrote this and works when i add an item to, my cart, but when i want to add othrer item just

start new row of pictures
on my site www.budstreasureauctions.com there is a featured auctions box that users will pay to get

mySQL and PHP search
Hello,
I am trying to code a project and ran into a brick wall with one of my pages. I am pretty

IS Retail & Manufacturing
Hi

Can IS Retail and Manufacturing activities be done in same instance ie. in same client

How to change Time Zone
HI
I want to change the time zone of the server to another country.How can do that?

Thanks

Please help - should be a simple fix.. driving me nuts
Everything seemed to be working fine. I have a table, it alphabetically lists a bunch of cities and

Bluetooth RSSI & VIsta
Okie I got 4 Bluetooth adapters, a DBT-120 by Dlink, A Zonet Microsoft Bluetooth which is what I use

php/xmlrpc class issue
I am working on xml-rpc in php to start with.

I have a class that only has variables defined

Not adding to db
Hi, I can't figure out why it won't add the record to the database. It's just a simple form to get

PEAR in appliactiond development
When I was picking up PHP I went from procedural programming, fairly quickly into OOP, then after wr

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash