Deleting a record php

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Attempting to setup delete a record page. The below code I put together doesn't seem to work.

| <?$delid=$_GET['delid'];echo $delid;if(isset($_POST['submit'])){$delquery="DELETE FROM table WHERE itemid = '$delid'";$dresult=mysql_query($delquery);if($picturepath1 != NULL){ unlink($picturepath); }}?><form method="POST" action=invlog.php?delid=$delid >TABLE AND FORM ELEMENTS...NOT MATERIAL SO I EXCLUDED</form>

When the delete form is initiated, the old record data is visible including the $delid; however, once I click submit I get:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/claudett/public_html/membersarea/del_exlog.php on line 21

and the reult page I include a line to echo $delid and it returns $delid (no longer includes numeric value)

I know the obvious thing would be that my mysql query syntax is off, but I think the action I set up in the <form> tag may be what I am not executing well. Any thoughts?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
242 Like 15 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Question about the upload of large files
Hi there,

I have a question about the upload of large files, like videos (files generally abo

filesize problem
i use ubuntu 9.10 and i have mountet a folder from an windows

/mount/FOLDER
/mount/FOLDER/

i want run some web server under the ip sharer
hello i want run some web server under the ip sharer
my ip is floating ip but it doesnt matter

upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6.0
Hi all,
we are going to do an upgrade from R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0. I need to know if i can find som

php mail form text wont appear / javascript included
Guys/gals...

I am running into a problem whereby I have a great piece of javascript code that

How to disable direct access to a file
Suppose I've 2 Files. 1.php & 2.php

I don't want anybody to access 2.php directly fr

pointer 102 question
I read a book
int main() {

cURL Upload Help
OK, I am creating a bridge from a local program to my website and I am trying to find the best way t

News script
Hi ...

I am not sure if this is the rite place to post this but if its not sorry

i am

count only commas outside parenteses
I have a sql table containing
id - query - query name
the first page contains a drop down men

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash