Developing Ajax-enabled ASP.Net applications for the iPhone

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I would like to develop Ajax web applications using Visual Studio that are optimized for the iPhone. There are a few resources on the web showing how this can be done. However, these tend to be optimized exclusively for the iPhone and also require some hacks to have MS Ajax work with certain OS versions of the iPhone. While the web app needs to be optimized for the iPhone, I don't want it to be exclusively designed for that device. The market is heating up with competition to the iPhone with devices that have higher screen resolution. My code should be able to detect what kind of device the user has and provide the properly optimized page. In the event that it cannot detect the device, at the very minimum, I would allow the user to indicate to the application what their screen resolution is. Once I know that, I should be able to provide the proper pages.As for Ajax, I am somewhat concerned about the size of Microsoft's Ajax library that gets downloaded to the client. I believe it's currently around 100k. That is still rather large for mobile devices having a slow Internet connection over a cell phone network. There are other non-Microsoft Ajax stacks available but I am not sure which ones would work with ASP.Net. I came across one that is about 10k. Does anyone know of another Ajax library out there that will work with ASP.Net pages? I don't necessarily require the UpdatePanel. As long as the library can perform a partial page update when working with the server, that is all that matters.Finally, I want the web application to mimic the way native iPhone apps work, with pages sliding in and out when they are navigated to. The UI of the web app should also look like a native app. This requires using the correct css formatting.What would be nice is to have either a project template or item template for Visual Studio that allows me to create an iPhone web app and includes support for an Ajax library that is small in footprint. Is anyone aware of such templates or third-party software that will allow me to quickly put together an Ajax-enabled web application designed for ASP.Net? Having spent several days reviewing what is currently available, it seems I need to end up spending a lot of time developing the infrastructure before I even get around to developing what my application really is suppose to do.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
227 Like 32 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP webpage & array print issue
I have this code running, and it works perfectly … however, see my bottom bit about what I see

output_buffering so rewrite
I'm planning to rewrite some of my scripts so they don't have to use output buffering to accomplish

PHP Mysql Staff Induction System
Hi there, I'm pretty new to PHP and Mysql so could really do with being pointed in the right directi

Secure FTP
Hi experts,
There is no SFTP action in MII workbench.
This means it needs developing custo

Simple PHP/Java Help..
Hi,
I'm trying to build a little program to do with calculating postage. Unfortunately i haven't

session checking in page load
hai all I have a web site is www.Mryas.com in this my login page is Page1.aspx its co

Weird Problem with curl while sending data
I am facing a weird problem with sending data to a site via curl.

If i send the value by this

Storing Values taken from a DB...
Using this code it will generate a short list from my database

<?php
mysql_connect

SAP Project Module
I have seen in the SAP Project Module,plan cost and budget are not equal and even difference is sign

Syntax Help
Code:

im having trouble with that code snipped
Parse error: syntax error, unexpec

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash