Find occurences of unicode characters in string

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I need to prohibit filenames with everything but English characters and numbers but regexp and string function don't seem to work because they consider the Greek alphabet letters as part of the A-Z a-z sequence. Here's what I've tried:

Quote:if (strspn($str, "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789") != strlen($str))
{
echo 'invalid filename';
}

Quote:if (!preg_match("/^([-a-z0-9])+$/i", $str))
{
echo 'invalid filename';
}

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
316 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

using explode() to fill in checkboxes
Hi

I have a field stored in a table that contains regions in the UK separated by commas. Ther

Do something every fifth time?
I'm trying to write a loop, but I want it to do something different after every fifth instance. Like

Effort Estimation Template for Steady State Support
Hi Everyone,

Is there any SAP provided template/format for system change and enhancements

Any help with my email script?
I have an email script, I have not tested it, although someone tested it for me and said it worked f

php mysql query from input textbox
Hi,

I have a text box, in that i have given the mysql query. I can able to get the query in v

ldap connection
We are using ldap to get user information from the domain controller. It was working before. Recentl

Curl & sessions PLS HELP
Hello,

I have a problem with curl and sessions and i will try to explain the best i could.

array empty
Hiya peeps,

Ok here is the codes.

order.php

Code:

database design
Hi,

I got a page which allow candidate to type in their previous working experience,
I let

PHP MySQL and DATE
Hi everyone

I have a databse and in one of the columns I have date values such as 2009-March-

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash