fopen() security

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

As i understood the usage of fopen() for it to function correctly the Dir you write to has to be rw enabled for the php group, so that fopen() can acces the Dir to write to it.

When I try to write to the Dir that has permissions 666 I get the error "Permission Denied". If I try to write to the Dir and the permissions are set to 777 read/ write/ecexute for every one everything works as intended and fopen() write to the dir normally.

My question:
Why does a folder have to be executable for php to write to it using fopen()?

(using up to date versions of Lamp on Debian Lenny 64-bit)

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
344 Like 9 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Replacing a string on click of a button
Hi! Is there a way to replace a string on a click of a text link?

This is what I've come up w

Compare user input to flat file data
Help...Am a complete newbie to programming so my code is prolly quite long. Am trying to verify a us

Print out contents of to Excel
I have got this script that gathers all the data that I need but I need it to send it to excel inste

disabling a button server-side then re-enabling client-side breaks button postback
I have a tabbed container and a button (not in the container) on a page. If the first tab is selecte

please fix the error
What is the error in the below code ???
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <?php

Displaying returned XML in another PHP page
I have an online payment form that will return XML given if a payment is successful or declines. I

Echo multiple lines of html code
Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is a way to echo multiple lines of html codes.

passing data from one page to another
hey guys
i have the follwoing code to get information from one page and place on another:

Get Total From While Loop
I'm trying to get the total for each product and add them for a Grand Total to list outside the loop

How to secure my login data to my database?
Hi there,

It may be a stupid question but I don't know how to secure my login data to my data

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash