Give me all your tricks for minimizing jar file size

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, I'm coming close to releasing my J2ME game... I am kicking up against the 64k size barrier which I have imposed as a maximum size for my game. I would like to add more levels to the game but the only way I can do that Is to make the jar smaller... Oh yeah I have made the decision to NOT have it download any data (maps, etc...) over the internet as well.

I have heard about using preprocessors to get rid of statics and that would make it smaller... Any thoughts, suggestions? Sun one studio 5 ME doesn't seem to support preprocessing... is there any free or cheap IDE that does?

Do any obfuscators do a significantly better job at reducing size than the retroguard one does?

I've tried to eliminate any common code amongst classes and put it in static functions that get called from many places...

I'm wondering about using shorts internally instead of ints... at first I was going with shorts thinking it would be a size savings, but now I'm thinking that all the conversions to ints and back are probably a size loss... anyone know the empirical answer?

If you have any tips to reduce jar size, please respond :)

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
87 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

passthru() help
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and to PHP. I have some pretty good experience writing shell sc

question about header() security
is is safe to just use the header() function to redirect someone if they are, say, not logged in? or

uploading video files into mysql in php
hi,
I have the video files which i have to upload into mysql db. along with creating thumbnails f

Extra fields in main body and php required.
I'm new to PHP so please be gentle. I have a little php script below that works well.
The &quo

Extracting URL pointer within XML tag
Hi.

I'm trying to extract text between two quotation marks in XML. For example, I want to ex

Somebody hacked into my site and changed coding >>> URGENT HELP NEEDED <<<
I am not that much into programming , but somebody is hacking to my site and injecting some kind of

email form (cannot find the problem)
Hello there. I've been having trouble with an email form. Can't find the problem really. I've tested

Windows 7
Windows 7 default user account control worries experts. Corporate IT departments should be pleased w

Developing Ajax-enabled ASP.Net applications for the iPhone
I would like to develop Ajax web applications using Visual Studio that are optimized for the iPhone.

ctype() validation - allowing illegal characters
Hello,
I use ctype() to filter and validate a user form. However, I am trying to allow certain c

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash