Help, Base64 encoding url and decoding server side.

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello everyone, i have a website with videos and games and also provide an embed code which people can use to embed the games and videos on their website.
My problem is that alot of people would embed the files but they would delete the link back to my website and bandwidth isnt cheap

I have been reading for the last few hours about encoding, decoding, base64, md5 and basically a way to encrypt or encode the embed code so people can still use it but they wont be able to remove the link since they cant read what the embed code says

Is there any way to do that or use different method to just hide the code but still work on other websites ?
Also is there any way to make the urls to my files encoded, example:

http://www.mywebsite.com/games/action/mygame.swf

Encode it to look something like this:

http://www.mywebsite.com/index.php?game=3475348j345h345gsed6645
(Just like the youtube urls are)
I am sure its possible but i just couldn't find and examples of how its done or even a tutorial.
Please someone help me, i am still learning php so i am not very good at writing my own functions

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
52 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Most basic form question ever?
Hello,

I want to use this snippet to make sure the fields in a form are ok before processing

mysql_affected_rows() usage
Possibly a MySQL issue, but the function that is not behaving in the anticipated way is a PHP functi

Troubles with a spider class
I am building a spider that will crawl through random whitepages (eg. anywho.com, switchboard.com, w

Why use OOP?
Can someone explain to me why I should use OOP instead of procedure based code.

Im building a

'grab_files', multiple extension?
hey guys,

can anyone suggest a way to make to following line of code look for files with more

Is there something wrong?
Hi all,

Just a quick question... can someone look at this code and see if something is wrong?

Filtering Tables
Hello Thanks for any help any one can give Im very new to PHP..

I need to pull data for clien

Rounding a number queried from a database
I know that to display a rounded number you just do echo "round($number)";. But how would

passing an array of objects after submit
How do I do this? This is what I have tried and it is not working.

<form method="

sql error
I have been looking at this code for 20mins and can't work out what I am doing wrong. There is somet

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash