How do I create a 2D game "camera" to follow player?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

In J2ME programming I'm targeting MIDP 2.0 devices.

I'm using gamecanvas and I was thinking that I could create my full world (640 x 480) using a TiledLayer and then set the refpixel of the TilerLayer to the bottom right (thats where the player is going to start) and then draw it on the game canvas which I was thinking would be the full width/height of the phone screen. I can do this right?

Now my real question is... (yes I googled it but couldn't find it!) how do I get a camera like effect? Basically I want the psychical display to follow the player around in a world that is larger than the psychical display. Could I set the game canvas ref pixel to be center with my player?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
234 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

form submit at godaddy?
Trying to test form submission at GoDaddy and it does not seem to work. Here's the page...

h

PHP5 - Verifying a secure mail is secure
I need to send an e-mail from a form to a external department and because it contains personal custo

. and .. appearing instead of pictures
First of all, thanks very much for providing this forum. It is very much appreciated!

My son

Help please - How to validate from 2 possible answers
Hi

I hope somebody can help me with what will probably be really simple, I'm pulling my hair

help with variable
I've got a problem, i want to echo some images depending on the $id, however for me to get that id i

how can i expire the submitted page using session.
hi,
i'm new to php world.
i'm using "post" method.
when i submit it,data goes to

removing space from the end of a variable
i have a variable $image which contains the following url "http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/oo/P5/0m

Restricted access to sub-folder in iis6 doesn't work?
Basically I'm trying to add restriction to sub-folder (which contains pdf) in web.config for iis6 as

controlling/creating accounts with privileges
hi all,
i'm trying to figure out how i can create/control account with privileges, for instance a

IIS & NW MII on the same server
Hi,

We're weighing the possibility to run both IIS and MII (NetWeaver) on the same server

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash