Linked Keywords

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am trying to get a script that makes my predefined keyword converted to links and / or converted to a certain color, size and so on... In one of the other threads Ive posted I got an answer I am a bit curious on, I'll just quote the answer, and hopefully some of you can help me with this.... see my answer below, and help If you want... I'll be forever grateful....

QuoteQuote from: Grayda on Today at 12:26:29 AM
I think I get it. You want certain words to be, say, red. And you want other words to be made in to a link? I think this should help:

Code:
<?php$mytext = "Buffalo with an aqualung";$mytext = str_replace("Buffalo", "<a href='buffalo.php'>Buffalo</a>", $mytext);$mytext = str_replace("aqualung", "<b>aqualung</b>", $mytext);echo $mytext

So when you run the script, Buffalo will be replaced with a link to buffalo.php and aqualung will be made bold.

That, of course, is the simple way to do it. You can get complex with regexes and whatnot, but if you're only doing a few things at a time, this is ideal.

bah.. Im still struggling with this... could anyone be helpful explaining to me how I can use this example in my site? I don't understand a thing, and probably shouldn't be messing with this kind of codes.. lol...

Before my text that needs to be converted I have three other pages included:

<?php include "../url/url.php"; ?>
<?php include "url.php"; ?>
<?php include "url/url.php"; ?>

These makes the top of my pages, and I was hoping that I could set the code in one of those so I don't have to copy&paste the script into every single page...

Don't I need any more script than those few lines?

Im desperate.... lol.... please help...

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
210 Like 51 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Multiple PHP errors when clicking a link..and..removing a ghost..
Hi - I have 2 problems with a new website - homeswapvacations.com, which I need help solving.

Help with echo()
I'm having some problems with this code:

Code: echo '
<A HREF="jav

list files from folder, only one for each date
I have many files in a folder and wish to only list one of each date

these are the file names

SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?
i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically a

Count Session and Trigger Events
I am New in PHP, seeking a method to count logged users by counting the sessions or any …, is

Curl & sessions PLS HELP
Hello,

I have a problem with curl and sessions and i will try to explain the best i could.

losing session vars when arriving from an email link
Hi,

I've got a confirmation script made that sends an email with a link for a user to confirm

Take info from one coloum and move to another
Hi all,

I have this:
Code: [Select]$array = "SELECT stock_id FROM stocks WHERE stock_

Best way to cross matching large datasets
Hi,

Im running a script where am I cross matching about 200 000 data sets with each other. Ea

Not Inserting into DB
I can't get my Add new Division form to submit to the database. Anyone see my issue?

Code: &a

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash