LSB (PHP 5.3) problem with static value!

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hello,

i'm having a problem. static::$text variable gets lost at some point. can someone please correct and explain it to me?
Line number On/Off| Expand/Contract <?phpclass A { protected static $text; public static function init($one = '', $two = '') { $obj = new self; $obj->one = $one; $obj->two = $two; $obj->static_text = static::$text; return $obj; } public function output_text() { echo 'here shoult be some static text: ' . static::$text; }} class B extends A { protected static $text = 'this is a static text under php 5.3';} $b = B::init('first', 'second'); echo "first: {$b->one}
second: {$b->two},
static text: {$b->static_text}<hr>"; //prints out the static_text $b->output_text(); //doesn't print out the static::text value echo '<hr>'; B::output_text(); //prints out static::$text value?>

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
85 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Dynamically allocating the number of rows in a table based on a variable value
Hi,
I have situation here which i cannot resolve, I have a variable temp which stores the num

Procedural to OOP
John Kleijn said that to avoid writing "crappy code", we should learn OOP and common OO pr

is_dir() problem
Hello,

I'm buidling a php scripts that dynamically get's subfolders from a specific folder.

Parse XML
Good day,

I use oempro software and try to parse XMLReturn but it's not working for me, simpl

Help: problem with Headers to download PDF file
Hi,

I'm trying to implement a script where when a user clicks a link he gets a PDF file to op

$_GET problem
Hi all,

Have a bit of a problem with a little piece of code, I am not sure if this should be

Remove values in array2 from array1
I have two arrays.

Array 1 is where the array key holds various different numbers. For exampl

Check Digits and extracting digits
I think I can figure out the code for this but I am having a very hard time getting past the first s

PEAR Email Attachment w/ $gpg
I have no issues with this code if I take out the attachement section and include the info in the em

need help with date function
i have following form for date

Code: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash