modifying query string with no page refresh

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi everybody,
I've tried to get info about my problem all over the internet but i didn't find out what I need.
The question is: how can I modify the querystring in PHP with no page refresh?
Facebook uses this feature in its images gallery. E.g. When you click on next photo, the query string changes (using Ajax I suppose) and it shows a new photo without refreshing the whole page. The Ajax appends an anchor (#) and the values od the required photo to the url.
I am building an image gallery that works this way:
1) Clicking on thumbnails on thumb page you reach a page called display.php with the enlargement of the required photo and links for next and previous image.
2) Actually, clicking on next and prev, the whole page is being refreshed. I'd like to avoid that using the fb's solution for its gallery.
Thanx in advance

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
293 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Multiple PHP errors when clicking a link..and..removing a ghost..
Hi - I have 2 problems with a new website - homeswapvacations.com, which I need help solving.

How to ... (FAQs)
... get e-mail notifications As several people asked how to get e-mail notifications when new posti

Problem in OnClientClick and OnClick sync
Hi,Strange and irritating problem: I have below button declaration in markup of the aspx page:

Port scanner problem
Hai
recently i developed one app through which u can check the opened and closed ports under an

Attempt to assign property of non-object in...
I'm having issues with the following function in PHP 5...

function getTreeWithChildre

SCO Unix
I know this might not be the place to ask, but, can anyone tell me if SCO Unix comes with PHP built

Error in query: Resource id #4??
hey guys, having a minor (i think) problem here that i havent been able to figure out. long story sh

Code error with Index.php
Error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/runevid/public_

A Few Questions
Hi, I want to ask a few questions that I can't seem to find..

1) I'm creating a "shortcu

Logging and nologging bulk insert
Hi,

oracle version: 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash