Multiple Dropdown Selections

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a form that let's a user insert a page with the ability to select categories. I want them to have the ability to select multiple categories. I have a select drop down menu with the "multiple" attribute applied(<select name='category' multiple>).

My question is, how would I get the categories they selected and display them like below:
Quote1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The numbers are the ids of the categories, which is the value of the selections, and will be located in one column of the table that the current record is being created in.

Another question...

These categories are fetched from a database table(categories). The table that these records are being inserted to(pages) with this form has a column called pageID and a column called CategoryID. What I want to do is to have a page for a specific category that will fetch a list of all the pages that are under this category.

Example: a page has categories of 1, 3, and 5. The user is viewing category 5. The category page should contain a list of content pages from category five.

How would I create a query that would do this?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
322 Like 49 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

ScriptResource.axd gives an error on fresh install of ASP.NET Ajax 1.0
Hello,I have a fresh install of Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax 1.0. When I create an Ajax enabled website in

session variable problem
Session variable is not working in Fire fox i am getting null value but it is working fine in IE.

Displaying image from database
Hi,

I've got a site where that's got a database behind it. Currently it has loads of items in

Formatting echo from database
So I have a database that stores First and last names, then echos them back to a website, as of now

unexpected T_VARIABLE error
Hey all! I'm getting an unexpected T_VARIABLE with the following function:

function getHighes

Edit MySQL Row Using PHP and HTML Form
Hello,

Here's what I'm trying to do. Build a page where a user enters a MySQL row number in.

PHP XML extraction text
I would like to extract an xml text and have that text directly echo(print) out on my web page. Her

What exactly is net neatrality?
What exactly is it? I think it's anti-censorship and... stuff... but I don't really understand it

IS this code correct
The reason i ask is everything underneath it appears to be alink as well, tis blimmin annoying

with clause
hi all, i have a big query that usually access the same table more than once. for example, i have s

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash