mysql VARCHAR acting like INT

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, All.

I have a table that contains a varchar(10) column named weird_field. In this column, only integers reside (e.g., 3010101009). When I do this:

Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract select * from table where weird_field = '3010101009'

no records are returned, even though there is a record with weird_field = '3010101009'.

However, if I do this:

Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract select * from table where weird_field = 3010101009

the appropriate records are returned. I don't think this should be the case, right? Because it's a varchar column, shouldn't the 3010101009 be quoted? It's messing up some joins I'm trying to do, and I just don't get it.

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
284 Like 49 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Appending GET data with form submition
Okay, what I'm trying to do is to use a form to append an already existing GET data string.

I

question about header() security
is is safe to just use the header() function to redirect someone if they are, say, not logged in? or

images aren't rendering
I'm trying to call a JPG file from within PHP (in an effort to hide the actual JPG folder). The imag

Multi-image upload problems
Lets see if I can get some help on this one. Can anyone show me what I am doing wrong here. I'm just

Conditions of info record - Error
When i created GR (901) and PO create automatic my PBXX is obtain the net price of info record but

ereg_replace issue
hi there people

i have this code happening with regards to my wamp server. is this something

Pagination
Okay here is the page in question: http://blenderteachings.000a.biz/tutorials.hamishhill.php

PHP If Else statement for breadcrumb
Hi

I am trying to use a PHP if else statement to display a breadcrumb link on wordpress

Disable Scrollbar in TableControl
Hello everbody,

please can anybody help me - outherwise i'm going to become desperate :P<

Not loading image
When this function gets loaded it doesn't load the image just trying to figure out why.

Code:

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash