Navigation include for all site directories

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I need a navigation include that can deal with directories at different levels on a site. All I can seem to find are the basic includes for files all in the same directory. This doesn't work for me because as soon as you navigate to a page in a nested directory the relative links don't work.

Is the only option for me to use absolute links? This would cause difficulty as I would need different addresses to achieve the same result on the testing server and remote site.

I also need to be able to identify the current page to style the link. At the moment I am using the code below which is fine whilst everything is in the same directory but introduce nested directories and some links will be reachable with just the $base. But only as long as current page and destination page are in the same directory.

Code: $base=basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);
$menu=preg_replace("|<li><a href="".$base."">(.*)</a></li>|U", "<li class="current">$1</li>", $menu);
echo $menu;
I would greatly appreciate your help

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
270 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How can I get my program to read a larger array ??
Hi:

I have this program that reads from an array to do calculations. The array are just t

Using Windows message as a Handle
Hi,

I am writing one of my first multithreaded programs.

In one of the thread,

cURL error
So here is my code... I got it off of here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcgQUsorF_8
Because

i have no idea why this isn't working
Code: <?php
session_start();
include("connect.php");

error_reporting(E

foreach iterator
Hi Guys
Does the foreach loop have an inbuilt iterator ?

Help with Hyperlink
Hi,

What I am trying to do may be simple, I just can't get it to work. Ok...

I am usin

Remote Database Access
Hey guys!!

OK, i'm used to only working with databases from the CPANEL, accessing phpMyAdmin

does anyone know a php script to send mail using gmails/googles free smtp server
cause i heard u can do that but i dont know how

Dynamically allocating the number of rows in a table based on a variable value
Hi,
I have situation here which i cannot resolve, I have a variable temp which stores the num

mysql UPDATE request not working and driving me crazy!!!
Hi,

I have been stuck on this for ages.

Quite simply I am trying to update my database

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash