Oracle Text CTX_DOC.snippet slow

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a table (FILE_TABLE) that contains a blob column (ft_file) and I have created the following Oracle Text Index on that table/file column....
CREATE INDEX MYSCHEMA.FILE_TABLE_CON_IDX on MYSCHEMA.FILE_TABLE(ft_file) indextype is ctxsys.context parameters ('datastore CTXSYS.DEFAULT_DATASTORE SYNC (on commit)');

When I search the table using SQL Developer, the queries return real fast... 0.03 seconds to return 389 rows....
select ft.jsatfa_id , ft.file_id ft_id , l.description , ft.file_name , score(1) score1 --, CTX_DOC.snippet( -- 'FILE_TABLE_CON_IDX' -- , ft.file_id -- , 'test' -- , '' -- , '' -- ) snippet from FILE_TABLE ft , lov l where ft.file_type_lov_id = l.lov_id and (contains(ft.ft_file,'test',1) > 0)

when I uncomment the CTX_DOC.snippet function the time slows right down to 25+ seconds...

Am I doing something wrong or is this standard functionality with CTX_DOC.snippet?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
55 Like 33 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Is this Safe or Unsafe?
Hi i made a few pages with lots of peoples help now i just want to know if they are safe or not can

SMTP server...
I recently found a tutorial online on SMTP authentification for sending emails from webpages, here i

xml element exists
Code: [Select]<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Addresses>
<

how do i display data on a page from mysql
1 - do i use this code at the top of each of my page i wish to only alow access if there as been a s

Do not allow posting of whitespace
Currently the script below works if the user does not type a name/message, but if i create a whitesp

Socket Server
In my following socket server, I am trying to listen to a connection through port 12345 in my web br

IF STATEMENT HELP
Hi
i have created a calendar from a table:

Code: Calendar: October 2009
<table w

this code is strange !
Hi i got this code from the web.. It checks for live and dead socks
It is working perfectly on my

Help with email validation please...
Hi,
Please could you help.
I have a register.php login page where users register, the detail

Web Application Recipe
Hi Guys!

I am working with the Web Application recipes. I am currently working on the sen

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash