passthru() help

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and to PHP. I have some pretty good experience writing shell scripts, but beyond that, I'm not much of a programmer. That being said, here's what I'm trying to do:
I'm using the passthru() function to run a program on the server. The server side program can take a few minutes to finish, but it does send data to stdout as it's running. While it's running, I'd like to give the user some sort of indication that the program is running. A progress bar would be fine, but I'd really like to be able to give them the output of the server side program as it becomes available.
So far, I haven't seen that there's a way to do this with passthru(). Should I try a different function? Is this even possible with PHP?
Thanks for your help

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
184 Like 14 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to display value in drop down list after form has been reloaded
Please bear with me as I am very new to php and html.

I have a form with several drop down me

PHP and SMS
Hi all forum members. I am new here and am unsure what category shoild I post this in.

Force download script not handling files with spaces properly
I have a regular old php force download script, uses this code:

Code: header("Cache-Cont

Mail Script Problems
I have created a PHP mail script. I am having a problem though. In $body i am trying to put two va

Extending Exception to contain method name
I was wondering, if there's a way to extend Exception in such a way, that it would contain name of a

Retrieving innerHTML with cURL?
Hey all (sorry I know I'm a leecher, but I soon won't be. This is my first PHP project, but not my l

extending tidy
I have problem with type-hinting and extending tidy. This code creates error:
Code: class cMyTidy

Gerenate tabel in Php
I whant to generate a tabel takeing data from database like this one so the results to be display on

CU&UC guide
Hi Gurus,

can anybody provide me the link for CU&UC upgrade guide

Thanks i

Code error with Index.php
Error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/runevid/public_

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash