PHP using IF to display error

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i have a MySQL query and i want to display 1 thing only if the number of affected rows is >=1 and if not then display the error, here is what i have so far and nothing is being displayed ...

Code: if (mysql_num_rows() >= "1")
{
echo "Update OK!<br />";
}
else
{
die("Update failed: " . mysql_error());
}

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
331 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Pre-Fill out a PHP form...??
This is for work actually (geek squad). We have to fill out this online php form at work over and ov

Insert data in Mysql and move to another page
I'm stuck with this simple problem. I need to insert data in Mysql and then hit submit and move to a

Confused with Loop
guys, i got confused with Looping...this is the case

I have 3 stocks, let say "Stock A&q

Is there a function ... auto send IP
Is there some function that can be sent to a ddns service that returns the ip address of a ddns forw

PHP Directory Listing Not working
Hey Guys,

I need help, I tried a ton of directory listing scripts and they all don't work. Al

Passing Variables
What I'm wanting to do is when the user clicks on Arenas it will know the name of the country it's w

Delete all files in folder except with certain name
I have a script that I want to delete all files in a folder (taken from a database) except for one n

Sharing PHP Sessions Across Domains
I am in the process of writing a script to share a php session across various domains I have.
The

php and downloading
I want to use a php script to create two files. Then I want it to redirect (or whatever) to have tho

Troubles with a spider class
I am building a spider that will crawl through random whitepages (eg. anywho.com, switchboard.com, w

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash