Problem with umlauts and UTF-8

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello every1,

I'm creating my own little CMS at the moment and got some problems with the charset. I decided to use UTF-8 so that I don't have to switch between charsets when using different languages.

When I look at the page now, there are, however, ? instead of SOME of the umlauts. All the afftected ones come either from the database or aren't in the main template but an included one.

Before the page is being displayed by the Smarty Template system the CMS sends a header with the charset UTF-8. The templates contain the attribut encoding="UTF-8" as well. Then I set all the database charsets in phpmyadmin to UTF-8-general-ci but it still doesnt't work.

Can the problem be that the php files themselves are saved in the ANSI format?! Which one do I have to choose instead? Notepad offers Unicode, Unicode big endian and UTF-8.

Thanks for your help

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
215 Like 50 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

error reporting
hey everyone

I have a production server in which I want error reporting but only on some page

Google Wave
So... has anyone used it yet? Is it any good?

http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html#vid

Include with Parameters
In a particular page I would like to include a file that requires $_GET parameters.

when I go

Problem with HTTP Caching...?
Hi there, im trying to implement caching. But it doesn't always work.
I post it here because ther

Post, not working, please help
The error is:
Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /student

Can't get the unicode character
I'm trying to get some text from various parts of a file. I have converted the file to hex (bin2hex)

MySQL Does not UPDATE- SQLString Problem
vb Syntax (Toggle Plain Text) 1. SQL = "UPDATE sampletable SET column1 = 'C1sample1'"

Please help understand this code
I noticed the index page on my site was modified this morning and found this code inserted at the bo

Oracle Connectivity
Hi Every One,

Can we access SAP from oracle database.If it possible then please spec

DateTimeZone::listIdentifiers headache
http://php.net/manual/en/datetimezone.listidentifiers.php

So the documentation states tha

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash