Renaming a file that a user uploads to site?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

My site allows for registered users to upload images to the site under their own gallery. Currently it just leaves the file named as however the person has it named. But what I would like to do is something another site does, which is rename the files when the user uploads them. An example of how I would like it done:
A user whose username is "I Like Cheese" uploads a file named "whatever.jpg", but in the uploading form, they title the upload "Dog In the Rain". I`d like like "whatever.jpg" to be renamed to "Dog In the Rain_by_I Like Cheese.jpg" upon the upload process and use that new filename for the database information.

How would I tell the system to rename the image file in that manner?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
225 Like 41 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Solution to the FindControl problem
I have seen may posts about having problems with the FindControl method. Most seem to come about bec

How to change Time Zone
HI
I want to change the time zone of the server to another country.How can do that?

Thanks

date("now") prints out wrong date ?
Hi Guys
Anyone know why and how I can fix it ?

sendmail code suddenly not working
Hi Guys, I maintain 3 sites (including my own) I use the following code from a french webmaster that

PHP arrays into arrays need help
Hello
I am trying to highlight the days on my calendar based on the dates that i have in my datab

Email "$"
Hello!!

Any PHP guy with a bit of a knowledge in Flash ?

When I send a JPEG from flash

Doubles are giving me problems
Ok so, first of all i made a double = 0.05, but when running the debugger it shows up as 0.04999. I

str_replace help
Hey there,

I'm a PHP newb, I'm having troubles with the str_replace function. I want to clean

Help with lottery style system?
I'm working on a currency system for forums and it is going to have a type of lottery system built i

first id from db not showing
I have a php script which displays the content of a mysql table as a html table with sorting, delete

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash