Rounding a number queried from a database

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I know that to display a rounded number you just do echo "round($number)";. But how would I convert the $number varible into a rounded number, so that when I say echo "$number"; the rounded number shows up? For example I have a calculation that calculates the distance between two locations using longitude and latitude. $distance is the final result. But $distance is a very long decimal number. To do further calculations with it, I would like to round $distance so that it has no decimal places anymore (So 1482.894736593 would = 1483). So $distance would now equal 1483, not 1482.894736593. Then I could go on and calculate the time, cost, etc. and $number will stay rounded.

Do you know what I am saying?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
252 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Using CSS to format MySQL query
Hi,

If i want to have a news page on my site, which displays all records of a table in descen

Object Interfaces
EDIT: Never mind, I just updated to php 5.

Hey all,

I'm currently experimenting with p

Insert numbers from Barcode scanner into online php page
I have a real big problem, Here is what I'm trying to do. I have a Intermec CN3 handheld computer th

form variables from database help.
Hi all,

I would like to have a form that gives you options based on the results of an mysql q

remove trailing slash from array
I have the following array which contains trailing slashes I need to remove. What is the best way to

Display data returned from Ajaxservices!!
I have a question about displaying results using ajax. I have part of the code below.
$.ajax({

OOP help
okay so i have a class im making it has everything setup i just need to randomize the 2 variables an

Re-Order by ID Number
I have a cms set up for inputting an image, thumb, title, pdf, and eps. When input the database ass

how to make database item unique
Hey guys,

is it possible to do this:

I have the database item $title being pulled for

Problem executing bash script using shell_exec
Hi there,
I created a bash script file using following code to convert doc documents to pdf using

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash