Simultaneous select/update/insert

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi

How would I need to go about when 2 users update a single row simultaneous? And how would I need to go about when 2 users want to edit a row?

Should I first lock the table, update the row to indicate who is editing the data unlocking the table and selecting the row where the editor_id = the current user_id? Plus what happens when I lock the table do other users get a failed query? and what errno does mysql return in this case?

Do I need to use not null on required fields or should I leave it out?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
316 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to calculate days from variable date?
This will be easy for one of you gurus. I want to fetch the date from a variable date, for example:<

Undefined Index Notice In Internet Explorer Only
I am getting the following notice:

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: jrox in /home/ycsn/public_h

Rand() help needed
Hi all,

Can someone explain and give me a quick example of how I would go about this?

sql error
I have been looking at this code for 20mins and can't work out what I am doing wrong. There is somet

path to include folder
Hi everyone,

When I'm testing locally, I have to add the name of the site folder as part of t

quick question about System Change Number(SCN) in FlashBack Query topic
i know tht we can get the SCN of the database using flashback concept as follows

SQL>

SELECT * FROM users WHERE Users are not in Blocked
How do I select all users from users table where there users_id is not stored in the block table

Call db table from any PHP file
Hi,

I want to be able to call a database table that will be setup in another file called init

Display a default image
I am trying to display generic image for items that don't have one, but I can't get it to display.

Multi-image upload problems
Lets see if I can get some help on this one. Can anyone show me what I am doing wrong here. I'm just

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash