str_replace help

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am thinking str_replace is my only option to filter outputs from my database to convert them to safe url variables.

I am working with a database with over 4million records, and apparently when the database was created no one though about database safety, or site safety or I don't think much in general.

So that said in the database I have characters like & ' " etc.. stuff that most people will sanitize in one way shape form or another and store as such. I guess with this post I am trying to find out what are the most important characters such as above mentioned that I should attempt to filter out, or filter differently. I am also using some of these variables within URL's so its important that I can pass them through URL variables.

The urls are being phased in 2 ways one, your standard long url (ie: index.php?a=var&b=var&c=var) and then a more SEO friendly version /a/var/b/var/ in either event I cant have ' " & other in the URLs they just dont work. For other reasons I cant have them just output in the code. So what ever characters i need to filter out and what I should filter them out as that as, as in what would you suggest to phase them as? Anything that could break code, or not work in a URL I need to know.

Also if anyone knows a better way to do it than str_replace("&", "What to replace"); ill take advice there too :-)

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
141 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

rand() function
just a general question guys a girls, is the rand() function 100% random or is it based on time?

Print 'a' to 'z' via for loop
A very simple problem..
How Can I print a to z NOT a to y ?
It is a part of a code where
<

what does this mean? +=
is anyone able to explain what this code is saying?

i had it written for me awhile back and n

add 20 000 to the rowcnt
Hi ...
I need to add 20 000 to the row count but just cant find a way to do this i am new to php

Help on query replacing the date
Hi Pals,

i want to replace the current date in a column to some value say C or D or any n

Auto-populating dropdowns and multiple forms.
Here's what I have so far:

First drop down = select a state (works)
This populates the sec

remove a ; from emails in textarea
Code: <?php

session_start();

$database_host = "localhost&qu

How to add an image/C++ OpenGL?
Hi,

I have been trying to look online for this and, so far, I haven't found anything usef

Need help making a script that moves data into acrhive table
Hi,

I'm kinda new to php/mysql

And i wrote a simple script to store sales lead for a b

How to kill asynchronous postback / current postback?
Hi,here is my problem:I have a web site with many pages of which some may take time to process resul

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash