TemplatePower & AJAX

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I'm currently implementing some AJAX features in my PHP-framework (which is based on TemplatePower) and I have encountered a problem:

I have a block which holds a message-div. This block is called upon (with the ->newBlock() method) by my message class. This way of showing message has worked great up until now (because every time a message should been shown, the page should be reloaded anyway).

But now I want to show a message when I click on a checkbox WITHOUT reloading the page. As I expected I received following error:
Code: [Select]Fatal error: Call to a member function newBlock() on a non-object in /home/www.myurl.com/message.php on line 28

And on line 28 i call $tpl->newBlock("MESSAGE"); where $tpl is an instance of TemplatePower.

As I didn't find a clear tutorial/solution for this via Google I'm presenting this problem to you guys: Is there an easy way to keep my current structure (with the template blocks) and let AJAX make use of this? Or should I rethink the structure?

TIA,

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
344 Like 5 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

IS Retail & Manufacturing
Hi

Can IS Retail and Manufacturing activities be done in same instance ie. in same client

Send inserts to mysql thru port 80
Hi!

I have an application that must do some inserts in a mysql db. This db is behind a firewa

C++ Http request?
Code: string Response = "LOGIN_UNSUCCESSFUL"; System.Net.WebRequest request = Sy

Return X values where an ID number doesnt matter
Well as for subject heading, thats the best i could think of.

Currently im having a problem w

Click counter to ignore traffic from search bots
I have a click counter on my site that...well, counts the number of clicks a link gets on the frontp

Why does my crawler script suddenly end with no error?
Hi.

I have written a web crawler script. It will visit a large number of URL's with cURL.

TemplatePower & AJAX
Hi all,

I'm currently implementing some AJAX features in my PHP-framework (which is b

trouble printing an array....
I'm having some trouble printing out an array forwards. I'm figuring out the high and low of an arra

Rss feed question
Hi

My blog and my website are different. Am i able to take my rss feed
from my blog and p

Error in query: Resource id #4??
hey guys, having a minor (i think) problem here that i havent been able to figure out. long story sh

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash