TemplatePower & AJAX

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I'm currently implementing some AJAX features in my PHP-framework (which is based on TemplatePower) and I have encountered a problem:

I have a block which holds a message-div. This block is called upon (with the ->newBlock() method) by my message class. This way of showing message has worked great up until now (because every time a message should been shown, the page should be reloaded anyway).

But now I want to show a message when I click on a checkbox WITHOUT reloading the page. As I expected I received following error:
Code: Fatal error: Call to a member function newBlock() on a non-object in /home/www.myurl.com/message.php on line 28

And on line 28 i call $tpl->newBlock("MESSAGE"); where $tpl is an instance of TemplatePower.

As I didn't find a clear tutorial/solution for this via Google I'm presenting this problem to you guys: Is there an easy way to keep my current structure (with the template blocks) and let AJAX make use of this? Or should I rethink the structure?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
231 Like 34 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Code Review - SQL and Insertion Attacks (Warning: Not for Newbs)
Hey guys,

Its been a while, I know. Use to love coming here to answer peoples questions, but

how do i display data on a page from mysql
1 - do i use this code at the top of each of my page i wish to only alow access if there as been a s

Include ("Absolute Path") of a file?
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I am writing my php code in the same directory of the file that

Why use OOP?
Can someone explain to me why I should use OOP instead of procedure based code.

Im building a

Inserting Data into a MS Access DB using PHP.
As part of my uni course I am doing a placement at a company whom want me to create a client zone fo

Multithreading in Oracle (Java, SQLJ, Pro*C,??) on 10g
I am investigating how to run a Java stored procedure in multithread mode.
I know that if I chang

does anyone know a php script to send mail using gmails/googles free smtp server
cause i heard u can do that but i dont know how

gmmktime or mktime
I live in the UK, i am within the GMT (with daylight saving time ie 1 hour difrence between summer a

how to load a Sys file with system load and call images?
normally you need register the module as a service with CreateService, and start the service

How do I get the row number from from an sql table query
Hi all

I have a table that I query and it returns a number of rows.
mysql_num_rows($query)

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash