Tree Menu

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me making a tree navigation system? I have a site where I'm allowing users to upload their files to share with each other. They can create folders, but I'm having real trouble working out how to give the folders 'depth', i.e. folder within a folder within a folder...

If I could print out an xml file of the folder structure, that would be amazing, but I have no idea how to go about it. All the folders are stored within a database (with info such as their names, permissions, owners etc), as well as being physically stored on my hard disk (this is all just local at the moment).

If I can make an xml file then I can just use a Flex tree component and save myself a lot of time. If anyone has any other ideas or techniques I'd love to hear about them. Also, at present all the folders are actually stored side by side with each other, its the database that tells them how deep they are, but when I get this tree system up and running i think I'll be in a much better place to sort that out.

Thank you

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
90 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Why does this file not return file names that start with numbers?
This file returns a list of filenames to help populate a drop down in my form. For some reason it ig

script is pulling more then they have....
I have this script for my game where they can change there race. This will cost them 2,500 points. H

POST into Array problem
Hi Chaps,

I have a repeat region, displaying rows of data: jobid, fromtable, translatorcharge

Undefined Variable: PHP_SELF, pls help
Hi,

Im a newbie on PHP / MySQL programming and Im running a script to search one field on my

error reporting
hey everyone

I have a production server in which I want error reporting but only on some page

php - xml what is the best way to do this.
IN essence I want to have a script calling the info from the database.. I have no problem thus far,

session variables not working anymore
hello,
i use sessions to handle authentication within my site. my host has been changing a lot of

News script
Hi ...

I am not sure if this is the rite place to post this but if its not sorry

i am

BAPI BBP_INB_DELIVERY_CREATE - material number missing in delivery
Hi Experts,

I was able to successfully create an Inbound delivery with reference to a PO

PHP MySQL and DATE
Hi everyone

I have a databse and in one of the columns I have date values such as 2009-March-

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash