User feedback after MySQL query has been executed

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all, I've just registered on PHPFreaks because I've got a question that I simply can't work out by myself.

Im developing a web based reporting application, based upon PHP/MySQL. At some point the user can chose some parameters from a form like dates etc and hit a button, then the form data is submitted to execute_report.php, which contains some code as follos:

Code: <html>
Some html stuff here, like text output for the user, that the query xyz has been started

<?php
Here goes the first query
?>

Then html code again to insert a line that the query has finished

Another line of text that the next query has started

<?php
And the next MySQL query
?>

Text again that the query has finished ... and so on
</html>

Basically everything works like a charm. The queries do what I want and deliver the output and results just fine. What bugs me is, that all results and the html text output are only displayed after the last query has finished.

During the whole executing time, the browser just says "Loading" until the queries have executed, then all results are displayed the way I intended them to.

I already tried experimenting with putting the queries into functions and also with sleep commands, but to no avail.

I would love to give the user a feedback before a query starts and after it has finished, sort of in "Real time". Any tips would be greatly appreciated

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
216 Like 50 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Amend code to allow multiple attachments
Hi

I have a php page that allows the user to browse to a file (image) then sumbit, the confi

Alterar a hora do servidor
Se alguém souber, ajude-me a adicionar 6 horas, obrigado
<tr>
&

Session login issue
I'm wondering how to fix a problem I'm having with a session-based login system

Say I go to h

Applet JTextField Size Problem
Hello,

I recently started making an applet to calculate certain values for airplanes. However

Array question
Does anyone know how to create a program that takes the $ amount for 8 different departments and gi

Calling variables
I want to call this to my website but it doesn't display what I want it to,

Code: <h5&

Need help adding a timestamp to my filename/variable
Hello,

I'm kind of stupid when it comes to php and I need a tiny bit of help. I've got a f

Kill a process
I have a question - how can I kill a process from a command line or by using Oracle SQL Developer? I

MII Trends - add data onto chart object
Hello,

Can anyone please provide some thoughts on my current requirement:
its pretty

having a small php error tha deals with the 'foreach'
Last night i was working on a script for a cart and it seemed to working good, until this morning. F

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash