Mumbai's civic administration has initiated action against filmmaker Aditya Dhar's production banner, citing repeated violations of safety norms during the shooting of "Dhurandhar: The Revenge." This move could significantly impact ongoing and future filming in the city.
Violation of Civic Guidelines
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has sought approval to permanently bar B62 Studios from applying for shooting permissions in Mumbai. This proposal comes after several alleged violations of police and civic guidelines during a recent shooting in South Mumbai's A Ward.
Aditya Dhar will not be able to shoot in Mumbai.
According to civic officials, the Deputy Municipal Commissioner (Zone I) has approved a proposal to blacklist Aditya Dhar's B62 Studios, along with two other applicants – Komal Pokhriyal and Nasir Khan. If approved, the three will be unable to apply for filming permissions through the Maharashtra Film, Stage and Cultural Development Corporation Limited portal.
An official from the BMC told The Indian Express, "Following the approval, the three applicants – Komal Pokhriyal, Nasir Khan, and B62 Production House – will no longer be able to apply for shooting permissions on the Maharashtra Film, Stage and Cultural Development Corporation website. On Tuesday, we will send a notice to all three applicants informing them of the action, and a copy of the notice will also be shared with the Maharashtra Film Cell and the BMC's Business Cell Head."
The civic body has also proposed a fine of ₹1 lakh, alleging that the shooting took place on the rooftop of a building and that two generator vans were operated without the necessary permissions. Additionally, officials have recommended forfeiting the previously submitted deposit of ₹25,000.
Allegations against B62 Studios
The case reportedly began earlier this month. On January 30, B62 Studios was granted permission to shoot between Modi Street and Perin Nariman Street in A Ward. However, officials later claimed that the production completely violated police conditions prohibiting the use of firecrackers and flammable materials during the shooting on February 7 and 8. The deposits were subsequently forfeited, and a threat of blacklisting was issued.
Five torches seized
However, a senior official said that complaints were received around 12:45 a.m. on February 14th, alleging the use of burning torches during the shooting. The official said, "Upon receiving another complaint 15 minutes later, Mumbai Police officers arrived at the scene and confiscated five torches that were lit during the shooting. It was also ensured that no flammable material was used during the shooting until 4 a.m."
Ranveer Singh, Akshaye Khanna, Sanjay Dutt, R. Madhavan, and Sara Arjun starrer "Dhurandhar: The Revenge" is scheduled to release on March 19, 2026.
IND vs PAK: Pakistan would have been better off not playing, avoiding humiliation; India defeated them again in a one-sided match.
Matches between India and Pakistan aren't just cricket matches; they also embody emotions, history, and pressure. The latest T20 World Cup 2026 match between India and Pakistan at the R. Premadasa
Rajpal Yadav Case: Will Rs 9 crore be forgiven after serving his sentence, or will the actor have to pay double the amount?
Bollywood actor-comedian Rajpal Yadav is currently serving his sentence in Tihar Jail in a debt case. He finally surrendered in this long-running check-bounce case and is now serving his sentence. So,
At the same event where the film landed Rajpal Yadav in jail, Amitabh Bachchan had once heaped praise on the actor.
Rajpal Yadav surrendered to Delhi's Tihar Jail a few days ago in a ₹9 crore check-bounce case. Throughout his career, Rajpal Yadav has worked with many major stars, from Amitabh Bachchan to Salman
Will Rajpal Yadav get bail or face jail time in the 9 crore cheque bounce case? Hearing today
Bollywood stars Salman Khan, Ajay Devgn, filmmaker David Dhawan, and his actor-son Varun Dhawan, among others, have extended their support to actor and comedian Rajpal Yadav, who is currently in Tihar
'Cricket's victory...' Rajeev Shukla praised the ICC for the IND vs PAK match.
Pakistan has agreed to play India in Colombo on February 15th in the T20 World Cup, but the official announcement will be made today. Meanwhile, BCCI Vice President Rajeev Shukla has issued a
Sonu Sood came out in support of Rajpal, offered him a film, and urged the industry to support him as he is going through a difficult time.
Famous Bollywood actor Rajpal Yadav is currently lodged in Tihar Jail in connection with a cheque-bounce case. The actor surrendered in Tihar Jail on February 4th. Recently, reports emerged that
'I apologize...' Govinda breaks silence on extramarital affair, says - she is my childhood love
Renowned actor Govinda responded to recent claims made by his wife, Sunita Ahuja. He also broke his silence on allegations of an extramarital affair and spoke about his dedication to his work and
No-confidence motion against Om Birla: What is the procedure for removing the Speaker, how many times has the motion come so far?
Congress has filed a notice of no-confidence motion against Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla. 118 MPs have supported the motion.
Ghooskhor Pandat Controversy: Film announcement, protests, and court rebuke; find out what happened in the 'Ghooskhor Pandit' controversy.
The Manoj Bajpayee-starrer "Ghooskhor Pandat" was officially announced on February 3rd. With this, the voices of protest against the film's title intensified. The Brahmin community and the saint
T20 World Cup: Has Pakistan given in to greed and surrendered to the ICC? Will the PCB benefit from playing against India?
Pakistan has made a U-turn on its decision not to play the T20 World Cup against India. Now, reports are emerging that Pakistan capitulated to the ICC for its own benefit. According to news agency