Access website from only 1 computer...?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

One of my customers wants his website to only be accessed by people in which they bought the website membership from on their computer. He's afraid that the users might share their login's with their colleagues, in which, he loses money. I don't want to base this off of IP's as it's not reliable enough. Is there anything in which I can do to achieve this? Or am I going to have to tell him we have to scrap that idea.

In case it was a little weird to follow along here's an example.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
A user comes to the website and buys a membership. He logs in and the membership is set so that they can only log in from that computer. If he attempts to login from another computer, it will flag that account, in which the user has 3 warnings, and then their username is removed.

Sounds like a longshot but i figured I'd ask before I ruled it out. Thanks for any help.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
134 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

TemplatePower & AJAX
Hi all,



I'm currently implementing some AJAX features in my PHP-framework (which is b

Retrieving Data from Two Different Databases
Hello All,

Ran into another problem and would appreciate some help! I have two datab

error checking breaking my code
Hi there, OK first of all, big apologies for what I assume is really fundamental errors in the struc

if statements problems
Hi. I'm trying to make a web form, but I kind of hit a dead end trying to figure out why it doesn't

value not going in data base
hello friends....
i am having a working javascript....when i am selecting any

Problem with HTTP Caching...?
Hi there, im trying to implement caching. But it doesn't always work.
I post it here because ther

Lack of simpleXML Documentation
What is up with this.

Look at: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.simplexml-load-file.php<

Apart from cron
I need to run a php file every one hour. Is there any other solution apart from cron job?

Certain files upload, while others do not
I want to read the data from an uploaded file. Not sure why, but it only uploads for certain files.

This must be easy , pulling the last record of the day, every day, from a txt
I have a txt file logging weather data every minutes (so 1 record per minute). I want to extract the

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash