Beginner PHP code help

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi I'm new to php but if someone could please read the question below and help it would be great.

a)create an html page to enter a row number (1-6) in a textbox to choose a list of student records.

b) Create a php script to receive the chosen row number
- Assign 6 values (rows) into a 2 dimensional sequential array using the array function:
$list = array(array(42356, ‘J Smith’,55), ………,array(45243, ‘M Fisher’,39) );

- The 6 values should be those of the student number (5 figure integer), student name and
module mark for 6 different students using values of your choice

-Print out the name of the student (got from the student list array), then underneath return an html table with the complete details of the student for the row chosen (got from the student list array), along with table heading values Student Number, Student Name & Module Mark.

Below is the code I have so far, if someone could help me with the rest it would be great.

Code: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>

<form name="input" action="" method="get">
Enter a row number 1-6:<br/>
<input type="text" name="row" /> <br/>
<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
</form>

<?php

$list = array(array(42356,'J Smith',55), array(45243,'M Fisher',39), array(45363,'T White',77),
array(45676,'J Blogs',68), array(43212,'M Grey',45), array(43576,'T Brown',49) );

print "<table border=1><tr><th>Student Number</th> <th>Student Name</th> <th>Module Mark</th></tr>";
print "<tr> <td> $list[0][0]</td>";
print "<tr> <td> $list[0][1]</td>";
print "<td> $list[0][2]</td></tr>";
print "</table>"; // prints the first row

?>

</body>
</html>

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
63 Like 6 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

C++ Http request?
Code: string Response = "LOGIN_UNSUCCESSFUL"; System.Net.WebRequest request = Sy

understanding functions and classes
Code: [Select]
class person {
var $name = "Jimmy Goe";

function get_nam

How to generate a random array of integers subject to a certain constraint
I am writing a program that asks the user to enter an integer N and then generates a random array of

PHP Error
On my .php page I have a drop down box that has several names in it. When a user clicks the name &am

Where is my php.ini???
Hi

First off - apologies - i'm not a coder so this may sound very amateur.

I'm having

Recode Abap Dynpro into Web Dynpro
Hi All,
A client has asked us to look at rearchitecting a custom transaction that was developed

Session
I am having a little trouble with a session. Not sure if it is my browser or what. I know I do not

Problem with a select distinct
I have a problema with a select distinct, I have the next sql:

select distinct a,b,c,d fr

Newb advice
Hi all,

I'm a flash front end designer and I've taken on a project that needs some back end p

PHP Session Issue
I'm having an issue with one section on my website dealing with sessions. Now I know that myself and

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash