Beginner PHP code help


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi I'm new to php but if someone could please read the question below and help it would be great.

a)create an html page to enter a row number (1-6) in a textbox to choose a list of student records.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
b) Create a php script to receive the chosen row number
- Assign 6 values (rows) into a 2 dimensional sequential array using the array function:
$list = array(array(42356, ‘J Smith’,55), ………,array(45243, ‘M Fisher’,39) );

- The 6 values should be those of the student number (5 figure integer), student name and
module mark for 6 different students using values of your choice

-Print out the name of the student (got from the student list array), then underneath return an html table with the complete details of the student for the row chosen (got from the student list array), along with table heading values Student Number, Student Name & Module Mark.

Below is the code I have so far, if someone could help me with the rest it would be great.

Code: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>

<form name="input" action="" method="get">
Enter a row number 1-6:<br/>
<input type="text" name="row" /> <br/>
<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
</form>

<?php

$list = array(array(42356,'J Smith',55), array(45243,'M Fisher',39), array(45363,'T White',77),
array(45676,'J Blogs',68), array(43212,'M Grey',45), array(43576,'T Brown',49) );


print "<table border=1><tr><th>Student Number</th> <th>Student Name</th> <th>Module Mark</th></tr>";
print "<tr> <td> $list[0][0]</td>";
print "<tr> <td> $list[0][1]</td>";
print "<td> $list[0][2]</td></tr>";
print "</table>"; // prints the first row

?>

</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
63 Like 6 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Just cannot get 'area' to submit to db using same php code as already used
Basically all i have done is just modified some code and added an area section.
The form is allre

Extracting Long text from message class with parameters
Hi,

I would like to extract the long text from a message class. However, the long text ha

help retrieiving results and doing pagination
Having some trouble trying to get the results to show on more than just one page.

What is ha

Simultaneous select/update/insert
Hi

How would I need to go about when 2 users update a single row simultaneous? And how would

please, need help coding this voting for your favorite car polling system.
hi, my code needs a lot of work, but i want to be able to let users vote on their favorite car, upda

Sales orders ans reservations not taken into account on MPS / MRP
Hello,

I am implementing the MPS / MRP and I have the following problem:

I ha

How to write on database when a link is clicked?
Hi, I have a list of products in a gridview. When the link is clicked currently it takes to an ext

Storing the referrer in session... problems with tabs
Hello All

I am currently working on an ERP project based on the MVC methodology, when a user

SCRIPT ERROR
Here is the CONTACT FORM I made for our website:

<form id="form1" name="

Creating Images from images in PHP
Okay well I am trying to make a 'dynamic' calender image with PHP.

I have images like this:

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash