Email Script does not reach destination


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey Guys look at this code snippet :
Code:
//read a line from the file

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$myFile = "MailFile.txt";
$fh = fopen($myFile, 'r');
$theData = fgets($fh);
fclose($fh);
echo $theData;

/send Email
$to = "'$theData'";
$subject = "AvailPay new customer Transaction Receipt";
//$message = "Welcome to AvailPay© .rnPlease keep this for your recordsrnBelow is your transaction information:rn";

$message = "welcome";

if (mail($to, $subject, $message)) {
echo("<p>Message successfully sent!</p>");
} else {
echo("<p>Message delivery failed...</p>");
}



I'm reading a file and then using that line as the email address.
I get the "Message successfully sent!" reply - but for some reason the email never arrived at the gmail destination, I also tried it with a yahoo email - same result.

The hosting service said the following:

If you use the mail() function in your PHP, you do not need to specify an outgoing mail server. If you are using some other method besides mail() in your PHP code, use relay-hosting.secureserver.net for your relay server.


I'm using the mail() function, but for some reason the email is not getting to the destination. How would I use the relay-hosting.secureserver.net in PHP??? Or am I missing something. Thanks in advance.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
241 Like 23 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Is there a more efficient way to code this than what I have?
I have three associative arrays.

$combinedSettings
$userSettings
$defaultSettings

media recovery
Hi,
i startup the database i got the error

SQL> startup
ORACLE instance started.

Help on Order Entry Form/System Where is best to begin.
I have a dilema and a very short amount of time at this point and I'm looking for some help on decid

How can you detect variable string in a massive string?
Ok guys, i need some help with this one.

I am going to be getting a large string, like 10-20

Track downloads' status
Hello,

I need to make somehow, some system, to track whether downloads are completed or faile

output printing as hexadecmal... XD
Everything works except the calcem call for the totusold and totuprice. The out put shows up as hex.

Checking if field is empty AND using !is_numeric
Hi lads,

Need to be able to display an error message (using isset?) that says "Cant lea

PHP MySQL and DATE
Hi everyone

I have a databse and in one of the columns I have date values such as 2009-March-

how to insert value
I am having file bookissueadd.php..... in which i am having tag

<td height="21&q

PHP / MySQL Associative Multidimensional Array:
Hello.

I have data in a MySQL Table that adheres to the below: (note, no index, could add if

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash