Help With editting and deleting form


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

So look at this image :

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8272/snapshot5f.png
This table prints the titles of entries from a table in a database.. The code that i use for this table is this :
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: <!--Table For Deleting and Updating -->





<p align="center"><font color="#1569C7">DeleteOrEdit(</font><font color="red">Security Projects & Thoughts Section</font><font color="#1569C7">);</font></p>

<table align="center" border="2" bordercolor="green" cellspacing="0">

<!--First row with title delete and edit-->
<tr>
<td><font color="#F87217">Title:</td>
<td><font color="#F87217">Delete();</font></td>
<td><font color="#F87217">Edit();</font></td>
</tr>

<?php

$query = 'SELECT title FROM site_entries ORDER BY date_entered DESC';

if ($r = mysql_query($query)){

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($r)){
print "<tr>
<td><font color="#8BB381">{$row['title']}</td>
<td><form method="post" name="sub_del"><input type="submit" value="Delete();"></form></td>
<td><form method="post" name="sub_edt"><input type="submit" value="Edit();"></form></td>
</tr> ";

}
}else{
die('<p>Could not retrive the data brcause:<b>' . mysql_error .'</b> The query was $query.</p>');

}


mysql_close();


?>

</table>
Its simple...till here...

Now i stack on how to make the script that will delete the registers of the database...I can think something with id column but i can't make it true...:s I want you to help me giving me ideas on how to make this or any other idea on how to create an delete/edit page...If you think that i start it with a wrong way please tell me

The table name is site_entries and its columns are id , title , entry , date_entered

Thanks in advance..!!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
257 Like 32 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

passthru() help
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and to PHP. I have some pretty good experience writing shell sc

removing space from the end of a variable
i have a variable $image which contains the following url "http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/oo/P5/0m

how to transport the Query and insfoset
Hi

I have created the query using SQ01........
How to created T-code for query..

Why does first ever HttpSendRequest take longer?
I promise this isn't as simple as it sounds. I'm wondering why the the first ever call to HttpSendRe

Query failed issue with php script but works fine in mssql manager!
hi i have the script below which copies data from one table to another but will only insert new data

PHP4 to PHP5 Conversion
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a site that is built up on PHP4 and each page is being started f

Regarding accessing SQL query issued by any user in Oracle 10g
Hi all,
i want to know the queries issued by various users accessing a database...

LOOPing Problem
Hello All!

The following code loops through the data and displays the data accordingly. My p

cstdatomic (c++0x std::atomic) / g++ 4.4
Hello,

I'm trying to use cstdatomic (std::atomic in the upcoming c++0x standard) in g++

Mail form doesn't send Russian/Cyrillic characters correctly?
When someone enters foreign characters (like Cyrillic text, and Japanese/Chinese probably gives the

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash