How to show a complete textarea ??


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I enter Client Case Notes notes in a textarea field on a PHP form. The field is 5 rows deep and 70 chars wide , using the scroll bar to see beyond 5 lines.

After entering notes, I want to echo or print the entire textarea without the scrollbar so that i do File Print to print out the complete notes. The problem is that using Print or Printf of the textarea variable prints a stream all on one line, with no newlines - this is too wide to print out for longer notes.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
how can i do this?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
260 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Registration
ok so i have a site where people can register and login which works now thanks to someone on here th

SQL Injection
In my attempts to protect my database from mySQL injection I have created another problem for myself

Only add new information from XML to MySQL
What I am doing, is taking a xml file, and adding the values to a database. However, what I want to

How would I do "Users not logged in since *** delete them"
I know how I would set this up, and delete the user roughly.
I'll create a table called "Use

Creating web pages by php
Hello again,
I was just wondering us there a way to use a php script to create a new web page. I

Customizing message/behavior
Hi,I'm using the ASP.NET membership/authorization controls in my application. Some parts of my appli

php ajax - two drop down list with a submit button
i have created a form with 2 drop-down list and a submit button. I would like to know how to pass th

Working with popups and such in a class
I've recently started building my applications completely enclosed in classes. I like the fact that

SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?
i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically a

Slashes
Have a small problem and I'm not able to understand why I'm getting the results I'm getting... and i

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash