Remove letter from numeric textbox

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 by admin

I have a textbox that will search the employee database by entering in the employee ID and it will return the result on the same page.

Query
Code: if(isset($_GET['findagentid']) && $_GET['findagentid']<>""){
$emp_id = $_GET['findagentid'];

mysql_select_db($database_cnccoems, $cnccoems);
$query_rsagentquery1 = "SELECT tblEmployees.employee_pdl_mgr_id, tblManagerOverrides.manager_id, tblEmployees.employee_first_name, tblEmployees.employee_last_name, tblEmployees.employee_id FROM tblEmployees LEFT JOIN tblManagerOverrides ON tblEmployees.employee_id = tblManagerOverrides.employee_id WHERE tblEmployees.employee_id LIKE '%$emp_id%' ";
$rsagentquery1 = mysql_query($query_rsagentquery1, $cnccoems) or die(mysql_error());
$row_rsagentquery1 = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsagentquery1);
$totalRows_rsagentquery1 = mysql_num_rows($rsagentquery1);

if(!is_null($row_rsagentquery1['manager_id'])){
$manager_id=$row_rsagentquery1['manager_id'];
}
else
{
$manager_id=$row_rsagentquery1['employee_pdl_mgr_id'];
}
}
Form
Code: <form method="get" id="agentretrieval" action="callDetail1.php">
<table align="center" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td><div align="right">Find Agent Info :</div></td>
<td><div align="left"><input type="text" name="findagentid" id="findagentid" class="textboxstyle" size="10" maxlength="7" /> (Digits Only)</div><div class="accenttext"><?php echo $tNGs->displayFieldError("NS_data", "flagentTID"); ?></div> <div align="left"><input type="submit" class="button1" name="findagentbutton" id="findagentbutton" value="Find" /></div></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
This works great if entering in digits only like 845787 as they are stored in the database like 00845787. Problem I have is that the ID's are sometimes retrieved by users from another DB with a letter infront of the numbers (eg t845787 or x845787) in one database, but the one I retrieve from has no letter in front.

Hard to explain. Basically Im trying to accomplish this. They can put t845787 in the text box, hit search and it will strip off the t or x from the ID and search the database.

Did I explain that right? Can't figure this out

Other forums