Get dump of MySQL DB from Live Site

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm after an easy, but secure way of generating and importing a MySQL dump from a remote server.

The way I want to achieve this is as follows:

1) I will have a page on my localhost server with a form that submits to a script on the live server
2) The script on the live server receives the request and beings to generate the dump data
3) Once generated it sends back this data to a script on my localhost server
4) The script on my localhost server receives the data and runs the queries

What methods can be used to achieve this? I know possibly the easiest method would be to just POST the data in a hidden form variable, but I'm not too convinced this is secure.

I've heard I can use XML as an alternative option, but not too sure about this. Anyone got any suggestions?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
66 Like 52 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Open browser page depending on XML results
Hello,

I have some PHP code that sends webbased from data to an external url ( in the form of

Unidentified index error in a simple form
I have been trying to make an HTML form that is handled by a PHP script. So far my attempts to get i

Cloud Computing?
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help explain this term to me. I'm starting to hear it

Price in PR
Dear Experts,
Why we have to enter the price in the PR, and why there is no free goods indicato

Consuming third party Payment Gateway API from Procedure.
Hi All,

First of all i would like to thank all the people of the oracle forum for providi

Option box to change variable
Hello, i need help by making a script!

I need to write a file with option box, so a dropdown

How to validate from 2 possible answers
Hi

I hope somebody can help me with what will probably be really simple, I'm pulling my hair

problem in pagination when processing with selectbox form
Hi,

I have a search form, with select boxes, if am selecting the value from the form, it work

Problem in back link
I have page where i have given javascript back link but when i click on it browser give a message

Bandwidth monitoring?
Hi guys,

I need a little information I have written a php app and I occurred to that I need

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash