Async WSAConnect failed on XP with error code = 2 ("File not found")


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I have very strange bug, please help me if you can.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
It is reproduced only on these conditions : WinXP, VS2005, VS2008, build in debug, execute without debugging.

On any other configuration or OS this code works fine.
Also works ok with old VC6.0.
I Tested it also on another XP just in case, same behavior.

I've isolated problematic code in a simple console application (no threads etc).
Just putting :
WSAEventSelect(...., FD_CONNECT | FD_READ | FD_CLOSE)
before WSAConnect, and WSAConnect will fail with error code 2 (means : File not found).
Which is not described in MSDN...also this is fail code when it really cannot connect (server is down or invalid).

If I remove WSAEventSelect (i.e. sync connect) all works.
If I debug code, all works.
If I put break point on WSAConnect line and run this app outside studio, then reach this breakpoint (start debugging) and step through WSAConnect WITH debugger it works....

I'm unable to find anything in the net about this strange behavior.
Also I'm trying to connect to FTP server, which works fine.
I'm attaching full code. It only test WSAConnect in async mode, nothing more.

10x,
Filip
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
107 Like 25 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Strange Oracle Query problem
Ok So I have this PHP class that talks to a Javascript class that basically creates a table of infor

Help with translating C code into assembler code
Hi im doing a project that moves a robot around a maze avoiding walls and need some help with conver

Cannot Connect to Database
I am writing an application to do annual reviews. I cannot get my script to work. Whenever it runs I

retrieving more than one max key from an array?
so i have an array of 20 numerical values (0-100) that i need to order from highest to lowest and th

Help uploading .JPG
I have a problem with upload images when the ending is .JPG capitalized.. I really don't know what c

Multiple WHILE loops help
Hi there. I'm writing an application that is pulling and displaying results for real estate listing

Weird MySQL error, why am I recieving this?
PHP Code:


<?php require "global_settings.php"; ?>
<titl

Update Myspace status with CURL
Logging in:

Code: <?php

class Myspace
{
function login($username, $pa

Creating an invoice
Using fpdf I am trying to create an invoice to send to clients. The products are sold in pricing tie

Read from forum
Haven't written anything forever and I would like to get back.
What I'm trying to do is getting t

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash