question about stripslashes and real_escape_string


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

im cleaning up an old app that I wrote fixing some of the vulernabilities from attacks.

I have roughly 30 files. I want to be able to edit every $_POST and $_GET

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: [Select]$value=$_POST['value'];
$value=$_GET['value'];
my instinct would be to edit every file and do it manually

Code: [Select]$value=$_POST['value'];
$value=mysql_real_escape_string($value)


$value=$_GET['value'];
$value=mysql_real_escape_string($value)

but if there was a faster way it would make my life easier. What I would like to do is to maybe create a function i can put at the top of every page or into my global.php which is included into every page that would do something like this

Code: [Select]
if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {

$value = stripslashes($value);
}else{
$value=mysql_real_escape_string($value)

}
i dont intend to have magic quotes on, but other people might on there servers.

I just need every $_POST or $_GET within my script to be automaticly cleaned or filtered from SQL Injections

I saw something a long time ago where it was something they put at the top of there page, this will be completely wrong, but i will give u an example of what it looked like

Code: [Select]$_GET = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_GET);
$_POST = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_POST);
$_COOKIE = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_COOKIE);
$_REQUEST = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_REQUEST);

im not to sure how that goes about effecting everything, where to put it, etc

Any ideas or suggestions? Or am I stuck doing it manually.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
152 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Php Mysql Page Loading Notice
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way (Sure there is) of showing a message or an image wh

php - xml what is the best way to do this.
IN essence I want to have a script calling the info from the database.. I have no problem thus far,

How to change www in url with a specified name
Hi
I'm trying to change the url http://www.sitename.com/apparels to something like below
http:

Form a inline view based on the results of the previous query?
Hi Experts,
Can we form a inline view on the results of a previous query (another inline view)?

Character Set Setup
Whats the best character set to use if you want every character to work, and also how do you make yo

ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click
Hi,

I want my ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click on its line ite

PHP onsubmit in the form not going to the fuction.
I have a form through ‘onsubmit’ calling a function validation(). But not going to the

Find only certain URLs from page ... regex (semi-complete script)
Hi guys,

What I need to do is take a page & extract all the URLs from the page &a

PHP mail() with images
I'm trying to get images to send along with my HTML e-mail sent through PHP mail(). I only tried vie

More pug propaganda.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kkrmubsgf8

The commercial is definitely worth watching pug aw

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash