Can't find the problem (no error message)!


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

OK, here's the deal. This code is really weirdly formatted (sorry!) and hard to understand, so I'm going to try and make it as easy as possible. Here's a breakdown of what the user should do:

1. The user sees a list of his classes (stored in the classes table in the DB). He picks one.
Code: [Select]$instructor = $_COOKIE['USERNAME'];
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$query = ("SELECT * FROM classes WHERE instructor='$instructor'");

$sql = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());

echo '<form action="'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'" method="post">
<table border="1" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="3">';
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql))
{

echo '<tr><td>';
echo $row['id'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['session'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['day'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['time'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['level'];
echo '</td><td>';

$class_id = $row['id'];

echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "class_id" value = "'.$class_id.'" />';
echo '<input type = "submit" name = "pickclass" value = "Run" /></form>';
echo '</td></tr>';
}

echo '</table>';
2. The user is shown a list of the students in that class. He picks one.
Code: [Select] if (isset($_POST['pickclass'])) {



echo '<table>';

$class_id = $_POST['class_id'];

echo '<form action="'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'" method="post">';

echo '<tr><td><strong>Instructor:&nbsp;</td></tr></table>';



echo $_COOKIE['USERNAME'];

$instructor = $_COOKIE['USERNAME'];


echo '<table border="1" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="3">';


echo '<tr><td>ID</td><td>First</td><td>Last</td><td>Gender</td><td>Level</td></tr>';

$query = ("SELECT * FROM `students` WHERE classid='$class_id' LIMIT 0, 30");

$sql = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());


while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql)) {

echo '<tr><td>';
echo $row['id'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['fname'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['lname'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['gender'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['level'];
echo '</td><td>';

echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "id" value = "'.$row['id'].'" />';
echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "fname" value = "'.$row['fname'].'" />';
echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "lname" value = "'.$row['lname'].'" />';
echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "gender" value = "'.$row['gender'].'" />';
echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "level" value = "'.$row['level'].'" />';
echo '<input type = "submit" name = "submit" value = "GO!" /></td></tr></table></form>';


Here's the problem: the only thing showing up under step two is the table headers (i.e. First, Last, etc.)
I don't know why. I feel like it's a tiny problem but I can't find it! Help!

----

In reality, the code looks like this. Don't hurt me!
Code: [Select]//something else comes before this
else

{
if (isset($_POST['pickclass'])) {



echo '<table>';

$class_id = $_POST['class_id'];

echo '<form action="'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'" method="post">';

echo '<tr><td><strong>Instructor:&nbsp;</td></tr></table>';



echo $_COOKIE['USERNAME'];

$instructor = $_COOKIE['USERNAME'];


echo '<table border="1" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="3">';


echo '<tr><td>ID</td><td>First</td><td>Last</td><td>Gender</td><td>Level</td></tr>';

$query = ("SELECT * FROM `students` WHERE classid='$class_id' LIMIT 0, 30");

$sql = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());


while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql)) {

echo '<tr><td>';
echo $row['id'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['fname'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['lname'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['gender'];
echo '</td><td>';
echo $row['level'];
echo '</td><td>';

echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "id" value = "'.$row['id'].'" />';
echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "fname" value = "'.$row['fname'].'" />';
echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "lname" value = "'.$row['lname'].'" />';
echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "gender" value = "'.$row['gender'].'" />';
echo '<input type = "hidden" name = "level" value = "'.$row['level'].'" />';
echo '<input type = "submit" name = "submit" value = "GO!" /></td></tr></table></form>';
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
193 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

About imagecopyresampled()
Hello,

I am looking to use this function to resize parts of an image to a fixed thumbnail siz

Is this possible? If one file assigned to an ID...
I have a page that lists property listings assigned to a specific user (a manage page), with brief t

form variables from database help.
Hi all,

I would like to have a form that gives you options based on the results of an mysql q

mail with attachment problems
Hi. I have the following code:
Code: else if(file_exists("site".$timp.".zip")

Need help-Error istream header declaration
Hi Everyone ,

I am having issue with istream declaration. I am new to C programming.
can a

Last character removed
I have created a string from an array. I have inserted commas from my form values. I am trying to re

Converting from one format to another
"I have got a date in DD/MM/YYYY but I need it in MM-DD-YYYY. Help!"

path to include folder
Hi everyone,

When I'm testing locally, I have to add the name of the site folder as part of t

PHP4 to PHP5 Conversion
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a site that is built up on PHP4 and each page is being started f

How to ... (FAQs)
... get e-mail notifications As several people asked how to get e-mail notifications when new posti

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash