first few characters only


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi, does anyone know how to use PHP to take the first few words of a text and limit them? i have seen this in many news sites where the news story headline reads like "woman found in obama's bedroom today at....... read more. ('read more' is a link)

what i am looking for is something that says i will take the first 100 characters of the entry and then print "...read more" as a link to the full story.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
246 Like 28 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

SQL Injection
In my attempts to protect my database from mySQL injection I have created another problem for myself

File upload issues
Hi Guys,

Can anyone see any issues with this code:
Code: [Select]$setImage= 'productimages

need help in php variable
i have a php variable on one page
Code: [Select]$lastId = mysql_insert_id($db);
echo $lastId;<

foreach loop, assistance request
I would like some guidance on the usage of foreach as I try to parse through a large database and wh

Sql and php order list script problems
Hi im having a few problems with trying to get the coding right on a orders list ive done (or trying

Help with writing "$" with fopen
I just can't get my syntax correct. Could someone help me please? I am trying to write a connect fil

Add a sign-up feature to a flat file login script
I'm working on a flat file login script and I would like to add a sign-up feature to it with a email

Include a php
Hello,

I'm trying to include a function that shows the recent searches.
Example I have <

Sessions work for me and not others?
I'm having a bit of bad luck with sessions. In the past they have worked fine for me, but this time

How to read posted binary data from a mobile device and post it to a web server?
Here is the senario...

I have a mobile device (MD) that posts binary data to a Web Server (WS

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash