first few characters only

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi, does anyone know how to use PHP to take the first few words of a text and limit them? i have seen this in many news sites where the news story headline reads like "woman found in obama's bedroom today at....... read more. ('read more' is a link)

what i am looking for is something that says i will take the first 100 characters of the entry and then print "...read more" as a link to the full story.

thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
246 Like 28 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Logging and nologging bulk insert
Hi,

oracle version: 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

HeaderSelectedCssClass not working
I have an accordian where I have a drop down list in the first pane and a grid in the second pane.

Parse Error
Hi Guys,

I have a function in my class which returns a string link variable. The problem is i

serializing objects - loses methods - the point being?
Hi

I know that serializing an object will lose the methods. But whats the point in that? What

Rss feed question
Hi

My blog and my website are different. Am i able to take my rss feed
from my blog and p

mail with attachment problems
Hi. I have the following code:
Code: else if(file_exists("site".$timp.".zip")

Delete records not in top 15
Hi,

I'm creating a hall of fame page in my game and the page will only display the top 15 sco

Tree Menu
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me making a tree navigation system? I have a site where I'm allowin

Random date selection
i want to select random date with time(hour+minutes+sec) where date is specified(10/22/2009) and tim

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchrow() on a non-object in C:xamppht
okay i have this query and everytime i add `item_id`=? to it... it gives me the error in the title..

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash