double and single quotes in text fields acting up... help please


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Single quotes, when entered into a text field, create an sql error upon Submit. It seems to create the query OK but says there's an SQL syntax error and stalls out on that field.

Also any time a double-quote is in a text field, all characters to the right of it GET DELETED upon Submit and have to be re-entered before trying to Submit form again.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
The two larger textarea fields in the form seem to handle the single and double quotes perfectly. Stripslashes functions correctly and no deleting of data. Yet my code doesn't treat these two areas any differently that the text fields(!?)

I have used stripslashes on all posted variables

http://www.cmfsc.ca/coachingapplication_Feb10email.php

Thanks for any help
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
237 Like 35 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Disabling SAP menu
How do I disable SAP menu for all the users and just restrict them to User Menu in SAP ECC 6.0?

HTML Form Server Side Validation
Hi, Im new here, im currently doing a website for a friend, and I have designed using snippets from

phpmailer class & pop.gmail.com?
Code: <?php
$mail->IsSMTP();
$mail->Host = "pop.gmail.com";

Need help-Error istream header declaration
Hi Everyone ,

I am having issue with istream declaration. I am new to C programming.
can a

PHP & Images [Resize, Crop, Save]
Hey! Well I have a little dilema, hoping I could find some guidance.

I have a CMS and on the

Applet JTextField Size Problem
Hello,

I recently started making an applet to calculate certain values for airplanes. However

PHP/Database issue
My friend is helping me make a database where you go to a certain webpage of my site and the page wi

What exactly is net neatrality?
What exactly is it? I think it's anti-censorship and... stuff... but I don't really understand it

max function question
Hi All
Ihave a table that holds shipment numbers and dates like this

select * from

Async WSAConnect failed on XP with error code = 2 ("File not found")
Hi all,

I have very strange bug, please help me if you can.

It is reproduced o

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash