cURL Sending File as Post


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

This is a bit complicated, I'm just hoping someone else has run into this and knows how to do it a different way or make it work.

When sending a file as part of form information included in a cURL request, it appears you can not include a query string in the file name. Take a look at my example to see what I'm talking about.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: //This creates an example image with some text from $_GET['img'] you can try calling this directly to see what the output looks like
if(isset($_GET['img'])){
$im = imagecreatetruecolor(120, 20);
$text_color = imagecolorallocate($im, 255, 255, 255);
imagestring($im, 3, 3, 3, $_GET['img'], $text_color);
header('Content-type: image/jpeg');
imagejpeg($im);
imagedestroy($im);
exit;
}

//Show what was sent to the $_POST and $_FILES variables
if(isset($_POST['showpost'])){
echo '<pre>';
print_r($_POST);
print_r($_FILES);
exit;
}

//Here's the part where we get in trouble...
//This works
//$imgURL = '@'.$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'];

//This doesn't work
$imgURL = '@'.$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'].'?img=true';

$data = array('showpost' => 'true', 'file' => $imgURL);

//Now do the cURL request to show information about the file that was sent
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'http://'.$_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);
curl_exec($ch);
if(curl_errno($ch))
echo curl_error($ch);
curl_close($ch);
When using the section that says "This doesn't work" you'll get the cURL error "failed creating formpost data".

Any suggestions?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
58 Like 39 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Why doesn't this work? (SSH2)
This is my script:

Code: <?php
$connection = ssh2_connect('213.251.167.109', 22);

Data type mismatch
Hi,
I am migrating data from algol to c.I mapped real datatype in algol to double datatype in

Count Session and Trigger Events
I am New in PHP, seeking a method to count logged users by counting the sessions or any …, is

Is STL important?
I'm just starting programming and I've made it until the Standart Template Library. But the chapter

Multi language - seo links
Im trying to figure out the best method to have a multi language website that will function with seo

Need help with basic sql
Hi,

I am using oracle 10g, and having some small doubts related to sql , here goes the si

Syntax error
hi im having a little trobble with this script
-------------------------------------------------

random generation
hi

i need help with generating this

numbers from 1-12

i want to generate in ran

mysql_real_escape_string
Let me preface this that I am very much a PHP noob, but I have some SQL training (not necessarily My

Protecting forms
Alright, I want to protect some forms of mine from SQL Injections, because I had someone earlier spa

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash