FPDF Help

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 by admin

I've been playing with the FPDF module. I was building a form and rolling right along and then suddenly I started getting the "FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file" error when trying to view the page I'm building.

It had been working fine until I converted my structure data into an array for cleaner coding. I'd alresdy been using an array to draw my lines, so I knw that the use of an array isn't the issue in itself.

I know that this error has to do with headers, but I can't figure out where the issue is developing. How can I go about finding out where the issue is? When I first tested a sample FPFD script I got this error and discovered that I had inadvertently put a couple spaces in front of the <?PHP bracket. It worked fine after removing the spaces.

I experienced some issues with my editor between the time itwas working and when it wasn't. I'm wondering if it's possible that something got corrupted. The document outputs to file without issue - just having trouble displaying the document on the browser.

For what it's worth, here's my code:
Code:
<?php
require_once $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/lib/fpdf/fpdf.php';
include_once $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/lib/pe_lib/pe.inc.php';
$pdf=new FPDF();
// front page
$pdf->AddPage();
//draw lines
$fp_lines = array();
$fp_lines = get_fplines();
for ($ctr=0;$ctr<=count($fp_lines);$ctr++ ){
$pdf->Line($fp_lines[$ctr]['x1'], $fp_lines[$ctr]['y1'], $fp_lines[$ctr]['x2'],$fp_lines[$ctr]['y2']);
}
//add boiler plate
$fp_bp=array();
$fp_bp = get_fpbp();
for ($ctr=0;$ctr<=count($fp_bp);$ctr++){
$pdf->SetFont($fp_bp[$ctr]['font'],$fp_bp[$ctr]['font_type'], $fp_bp[$ctr]['font_size']);
$pdf->SetXY($fp_bp[$ctr]['x'], $fp_bp[$ctr]['y']);
$pdf->Write(5,$fp_bp[$ctr]['text']);
}

$pdf->Output($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']. '/pdf_docs/test2.pdf',"F");
$pdf->Output();

?>

Other forums