Mail Script Problems


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have created a PHP mail script. I am having a problem though. In $body i am trying to put two values side by side like so $Fname $Lname. Where ever i use
tag the values appear in the final message but where i place the values side by side without a
tag then the values do not appear in the final message. I have already tried encasing the values in quotes and separating them with commas with no luck. I am certain this is an easy fix but i just don't know how. Any ideas.....please!!!

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Here is my code:
Code: <?php
if (isset($_POST) && !empty($_POST['Fname'])){
session_start();
$_SESSION['Fname'] = $_POST['Fname'];
}
if (isset($_POST) && !empty($_POST['Lname'])){
session_start();
$_SESSION['Lname'] = $_POST['Lname'];
}
if (isset($_POST) && !empty($_POST['email'])){
session_start();
$_SESSION['email'] = $_POST['email'];
}
if (isset($_POST) && !empty($_POST['phone'])){
session_start();
$_SESSION['phone'] = $_POST['phone'];
}
if (isset($_POST) && !empty($_POST['attend'])){
session_start();
$_SESSION['attend'] = $_POST['attend'];
}
if (isset($_POST) && !empty($_POST['number'])){
session_start();
$_SESSION['number'] = $_POST['number'];
}
if (isset($_POST) && !empty($_POST['trans'])){
session_start();
$_SESSION['trans'] = $_POST['trans'];
}
?>
<?php



/*subject and email variables*/
$emailSubject = 'Survivor or Care Provider Registration';

/*gathering data variables*/
$FnameField = $_POST['Fname'];
$LnameField = $_POST['Lname'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
$phone = $_POST['phone'];
$attendField = $_POST['attend'];
$numberField = $_POST['number'];
$transField = $_POST['trans'];
$attend = implode(', ', $attendField);
$trans = implode(', ', $transField);

/*email field*/

$body = <<<EOD

<hr>

<h2>Registration Confirmation Email</h2>
<hr>
Name Registered: $Fname $Lname

Email Address: $email

Phone Number: $phone

Attending As: $attend

Bringing $number including $Fname $Lname

Will $Fname $Lname need transportation: $trans



Thank you for registering!

EOD;

/*email sender script*/
$sendto = $_POST['email'];
$headers = "From: auto-confirm@xxxxxxxxxxxx.comrn";
$headers .= "Bcc: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx.comrn";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/htmlrn";
$success = mail($sendto, $emailSubject, $body, $headers);

/*resultes*/
$theResults = <<<EOD
<html>
<body>
Thanks!
</body>
</html>
EOD;
echo "$theResults";

?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
345 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Why doesn't this work? (SSH2)
This is my script:

Code: <?php
$connection = ssh2_connect('213.251.167.109', 22);

Sequencing or queuing parallel process
Scenario is as follows
There is one parent process say P1 and 4 child processes say A B C D

Coding question?
Hey guys, I have a quick question. If I want to make a way for people to pay for health in my game,

Get to know your fellow coder
I think it's time we got personal around here. There's a lot of code swapping and a few members kno

mysql select with $_get ?
Hi, i have this code:
Code: // If char id is 0 and character dont exist do:
if ($_GET["id

error reporting
hey everyone

I have a production server in which I want error reporting but only on some page

form help
this doesn't work. i want the form action to go the location.href of the submit button chosen.. how

max() problem
I have a while loop to get image names.
Code: $imagequery = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ad_i

split values
I have values that are returned to me in this format:

name=>test,age=>49

Ajax Error since Upgrading to 3.5
Ever since upgrading my site to .NET 3.5 (I needed LINQ), I've been getting this annoying error on o

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash