Help, Base64 encoding url and decoding server side.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello everyone, i have a website with videos and games and also provide an embed code which people can use to embed the games and videos on their website.
My problem is that alot of people would embed the files but they would delete the link back to my website and bandwidth isnt cheap

I have been reading for the last few hours about encoding, decoding, base64, md5 and basically a way to encrypt or encode the embed code so people can still use it but they wont be able to remove the link since they cant read what the embed code says
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Is there any way to do that or use different method to just hide the code but still work on other websites ?
Also is there any way to make the urls to my files encoded, example:

http://www.mywebsite.com/games/action/mygame.swf

Encode it to look something like this:

http://www.mywebsite.com/index.php?game=3475348j345h345gsed6645
(Just like the youtube urls are)
I am sure its possible but i just couldn't find and examples of how its done or even a tutorial.
Please someone help me, i am still learning php so i am not very good at writing my own functions
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
52 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How can i use [] tags instead of <> tags for profiles??
On my site im making ive made it so u can register, login and u have a profile which u can update..<

$action = "insert"; //$action = $_GET['action'];
$action = "insert";
//$action = $_GET['action'];

why is this invalid type? I am

PHP time (deadline within one week)
I have a column ['projdue'], which stores the deadline for a project.
I have PHP code and <

Detail Expenses Report by Cost Center
I would like to obtain a report out of SAP that shows a list of expenses by cost center that shows t

Day of week
I am using PHP version 5.0.5
I have a varaible ($DATE (date format yyyy-mm-dd)) that is being inc

ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click
Hi,

I want my ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click on its line ite

Users and Groups with PHP Classes
Hi,

I have setup what I hope to be a good working User class. Now I want to introduce group m

How to ask a regex question?
Hi, I thought I'd share some of my insight after seeing too many bad questions that either get ignor

Cloud Computing?
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help explain this term to me. I'm starting to hear it

Multi-image upload problems
Lets see if I can get some help on this one. Can anyone show me what I am doing wrong here. I'm just

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash