session variables not working anymore

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hello,
i use sessions to handle authentication within my site. my host has been changing a lot of settings in the server recently for "security purposes". and the technicians are pretty much clueless about what they are doing. they changed something in the configuration and all of a sudden the sessions dont seem to be working. i suspect register_globals. can anyone tell me the possible reasons for this?

they also played with the open_basedir setting and now i cant seem to be able to upload files because "/tmp" is restricted. i would appreciate it if you can tell me a workaround to it too.

/edit:
just did a var_dump on $_SESSION and it gives NULL

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
225 Like 25 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Converting numbers to months
The porgram works -just need the last function(month_convert_ to convert numbers to months -thanks.

Having Problem with Date
l have a submit buttom where user have the possibility to add a date to specify when his message s

Is it possible to view php source code??
Hi All

I was just wondering if it's possible to view a websites php source code?
I know

Mysql error message
help me find out what this error message means:

"Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'&q

having probem inserting data into db table
hi

i have a table with following columns in it
Code: candidate_id, degree, cgpa, institute

C problem struct and string
Hi guys,

This is my first post and I'm hoping the experts here can help me solve my problem.<

Floating Point Precision Loss
I'm writing a program to draw a three-dimensional cube (with a corner cut off) without using any 3D

explode() function problem maybe
Hi I'm having trouble searching my database. When I type two words in the search field it only searc

writing my own sobel filter convolution - something is wrong
I am trying to keep it very simple, I cant see anything wrong with my logic, could anybody help poin

Keep newlines from textarea?..
I'm creating a simple encoding program, and what I want it to do is retain the newlines, as echoing

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash