Not sure why this script is not working?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi I am new to php programing and I was trying to make up a simple script like a captcha but I cannot get the validation part of it working. I think it should work but it is not. Anyone know what is wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is the code:
Code: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<title>Captcha</title>
</head>
<body>

<?php

$alpha = 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz' ;
$shuffle = str_shuffle($alpha) ;
$partial = substr($shuffle , 0 , 4) ;
echo "$partial <br /><br />" ;

if (isset($_POST['submitted'])) {

//Valdate the info
if ($_POST['input'] != $partial) {
echo "Your answer does not match the capthcha. Please try again.<br /><br />" ;
} else {
echo "You answered correctly!<br /><br />" ;
}
}

?>

<form action="capthcha2.php" method="post">
<p>Enter Captcha: <input name="input" type="text" size="20" /></p>
<input name="submit" type="submit" value="Submit" />
<input name="submitted" type="hidden" value="true" />
</form>


</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
139 Like 21 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

SAP FICO learning materials
Hi all,
I am new to this world of SAP FICO. I have taken training on SAP FICO, but was wonderin

Sufficient protection from bad input?
I am writing a simple script to let people upload 'pages' of their own content, be it simply a few b

MII Netweaver Server stopped due to CPIC connection Problem
Dear Experts,
We have SAP XMII 12.0 setup running on Netweaver 2004s,7.0, Java Stack only.

TCP Sending Unsigned Char...
Hi...

I want to send over tcp/ip some data, i have the data in hexadecimal, and when i tr

file_put_contents and createimagefromjpeg
All,
I do somethings and then I have the following code:
file_put_contents('./test/'.$filename

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/......html/item.php on l
I do not know what is wrong with this. Hope some one can help. I do nto want to post the entire site

Bar charts using Graphical Framework.
I am using Graphical Frameworks(GFW) to create a chart Graphic . There is no problem with the data d

Print 'a' to 'z' via for loop
A very simple problem..
How Can I print a to z NOT a to y ?
It is a part of a code where
<

Insert data in Mysql and move to another page
I'm stuck with this simple problem. I need to insert data in Mysql and then hit submit and move to a

Entering Data Problem
Code: $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM flights");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash